RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
The world’s best YouTube video sharing site is considered inaccessible from time to time worldwide. At these times, regular YouTube users complain of a continuous 500 Internal Server Error.
Formally, YouTube users have problems with 500 internal server errors for about an hour that prevent them from accessing their favorite videos. In fact, users are so angry about this error that they tweet about it in a minute with two tweets, everyone asks this 500 Internal Server Error, nothing else.
attempts to implement new security features to stop hacking and other threats on the site. These changes may include downloading videos, deleting copyrighted material, etc. This could cause the server to fail, resulting in an internal server error.
YouTube 500 Internal server error
The internal server error 500 that bothers YouTube users is a general response error that occurs only when a request initiated by the server is unable to find its correct path or execute the respective task, or when the cause of the problem cannot be identified.
More information on 500 internal server errors :
The web server (running the web site) encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from responding to the client’s request (e.g. your web browser) to access the requested URL.
500 HTTP cycle error :
Each client (for example your Web browser) goes through the following cycle when communicating with the Web server :
- Obtain an IP address from the IP name of the site (the URL of the site without the first’http://’). This search (conversion of IP names into IP addresses) is performed by domain name servers (DNS).
- Open an IP socket connection to this IP address.
- Write an HTTP data stream through this socket.
- Receive a HTTP data stream back from the web server in response. This data stream contains status codes whose values are determined by the HTTP protocol. Analyze this data stream to find status codes and other useful information.
This error occurs at the last step above when the client receives an HTTP status code that it recognizes as’500′.
Correction of 500 internal server errors : This error can only be corrected by correcting the web server software. This is not a client-side problem. It is the responsibility of the website operators to find and analyze protocols that should provide additional information about the error.
More information on 500 internal errors
List of 5xx server errors :
- 500 Internal server error : A generic error message that is issued if no other specific message is suitable.
- 501 Not implemented : The server does not recognize the request method or does not have the ability to respond to the request.
- 502 Wrong gateway: The server acted as a gateway or proxy and received an invalid response from the upstream server.
- 503 Service not available: The server is currently unavailable (because it is overloaded or unavailable for maintenance). This is usually a temporary condition.
- 504 Gateway Wait Time: The server acted as a gateway or proxy and did not receive a timely request from the upstream server.
- 505 HTTP version not supported: The server does not support the HTTP protocol version used in the request.
- Variant 506 also negotiates (RFC 2295): the transparent negotiation of the content of the request leads to a circular reference.
- 507 Insufficient storage (WebDAV) (RFC 4918)
- / limited extension) : Although this status code is used by many servers, it is not specified in any RFC.
- 510 Not extended (RFC 2774): further request extensions are required for the server to fill them.
- 530 User access denied.
This article on improving YouTube buffering, performance and speed on Windows PCs may also interest you.