Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Pop-ups have reached threatening proportions. Even with all our anti-popup features, you’ll see them sneak in from time to time. These can be pop-ups or pop-under. Pop-ups open in front of your browser’s active window while a pop-under opens under your browser, and it is only when you close your browser that you see the pop-under.
Avoid harmful, dangerous and frightening pop-ups
Although there are some pop-ups that are useful and important, most of them can be irritating advertisements, adware – or even traps to encourage computer novices to reveal their e-mail address or sensitive personal or financial information. There might even be scary pop-ups you want to charge for fake antivirus software, drive-by download pop-ups or pop-ups that install malware when you close them.
Even with secure browsers with essential security features, some pop-ups or pop-unders manage to pass and display on your computer screen. Most users simply close the pop-up window and continue their work. However, closing the popup window can only be an invitation to download an unknown variant of malware! Yes, it’s possible!
Consider a simple example that will help us communicate my point of view. Banking sites use pop-up windows for special purposes such as login screens and alerts. They always use it for real purposes. Others may use the same thing with the intention of injecting malicious programs such as rootkits, keyloggers, etc. into your computer. You can even use or use original graphics and logos to make them real.
The good thing is that a little caution can help in the long run. Certain steps, if followed religiously, will help you to ensure safety when surfing the Internet.
Here are some suggestions that can stop, prevent and avoid pop-ups
- Manage pop-ups settings. While most browsers have pop-up blocker settings enabled by default, confirm that this is the case.
- If your antivirus or security software has an anti-popup function, enable it.
- Never visit a website that seems unknown to you, or a website shared by an unknown source. It’s a huge red flag!
- Do not click on a link or related images from a source you do not trust .
- In case of doubt never click on a link.
- If you accidentally click on a pop-up window and are asked for personal information, close it immediately, even if it appears legitimate.
- If you wish, you can install one pop-up blocker extension . Poper Blocker, Better Pop Up Blocker are some of the best known.
- You may also install one free pop-up blocker such as Smart Popup Blocker or Popup Free.
- The Google toolbar is also very effective for blocking toolbars, and you can consider it if you are not reluctant to use toolbars.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here