RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
omputer. Disk Defragmenter rearranges fragmented data to help your hard drive work more efficiently. Disk Defragmenter works according to a schedule, but you can also defragment your hard disk manually. To use the Windows built-in defragmentation program, navigate to the Accessories folder in the Start menu, then click System Tools, and start defragmentation.
Defraggler is my favorite defragmentation software.
Use Disk Cleanup to clean Hard Drive : Unnecessary files on your hard disk take up space and can slow down your computer. The disk cleanup utility deletes temporary files, empties the recycle bin and deletes a variety of system files and other items you no longer need. To use Disk Cleaning, follow these steps :
- Open the computer, right-click the disk partition for which you want to clean the disk.
- Then click the Clean Disc button. It will take some time to get started as it will scan unnecessary files.
- Check the boxes for unnecessary files and click OK.
CCleaner is my favorite for waste cleaning.
Uninstalling programs you don’t need or use is also a good idea!
Run necessary programs simultaneously : Often several programs run simultaneously and most often half of them remain open without benefit. Sometimes it is also beneficial to change the behavior of your PC for better performance. If you notice that your PC is slowing down, ask yourself if you really need to keep all your programs and windows open at the same time. Find a better way to remember to answer emails instead of keeping them all open. Make sure you are running only one antivirus program. Running more than one antivirus program can also slow down your computer. If you run more than one antivirus program, Action Center will alert you and can help you solve the problem.
Read : How to keep Windows in good condition.
Disable visual effects : If Windows is slow, you can speed it up by disabling some of its visual effects. It depends on appearance and performance. Want Windows to run faster or look better? If your PC is fast enough, you don’t have to compromise, but if your computer is just powerful enough for Windows 10/8/7, it can be useful to do without bells and visual whistles.
You can choose the visual effects you want to disable, one by one, or let Windows choose for you. There are 20 visual effects you can control, such as the appearance of the clear glass, how menus are opened or closed, and whether shadows are displayed.
Set all visual effects for better performance :
- Right-click the computer icon and click Properties.
- In the left pane, click Advanced Settings. When prompted to enter an administrator password or confirmation, enter or confirm the password.
- Click Settings in Performance and enable or disable options to set the best performance, then click OK. (For a less drastic option, select Let Windows choose what best suits my computer).
Reboot your PC occasionally : This tip is simple. Restart your PC.