RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Whether it is a website that offers free email, online shopping or an online banking website, all require a user name and password. Although using the same username and password for all pages is NOT a good idea; remembering dozens of them is not easy either.
What do you do in such circumstances? Well, there are programs known as password managers that can save you the day. This software allows you to store your registry information in a secure electronic format. To connect to a Web site, you only need one master password to access the specific password information for that site.
The information is then used by the password manager to log in automatically. This makes it easier to assign different passwords to individual locations, so you no longer have to remember them and gain more security. If you are looking for such software Password Manager, consult our list of the best free Password Manager software for Windows 10/8/7.
Best Password Manager for Windows
To facilitate and secure Internet browsing, the free LastPass password management program allows easy access from anywhere. It uses high quality encryption algorithms to ensure the security of your data in all respects. The key to decrypt the data is only available to you, i.e. your information is never transmitted over the Internet or on affected servers. You can download it here.
- Generates strong passwords
- Stores unlimited passwords
- Automatically fills forms and saves you time
- Transparent management of your data from multiple computers
- Supports Internet Explorer, Opera, Chrome, Safari, iPhone, Opera Mini, via bookmarks
- Possibility to import passwords from other password managers like Roboform, Keepass, PasswordSafe.
- In Windows, helps you recover lost passwords stored on your computer
LockCrypt is another good password manager for Windows. The program provides a central, secure database to store your passwords, phone numbers and account information. Different display modes allow you to quickly sort accounts by name, type, creation or change date.
LockCrypt uses the encryption block string and AES encryption that encrypts the information you enter so that it is not used by anyone without a password. It also contains a password generator that generates passwords with a maximum length of 511 characters. Download it here.
- Encryption for secure data storage.
- Password generator
- Secure notepad to protect passwords
- Windows Mobile version for PDA and smartphones
- J2ME version for Java compatible mobile phones
- Accounting support groups
- Support for export to XML, CSV,, Plain text or HTML files
- Easy drag and drop interface
- Print output
This free open source password manager stores all your passwords in a database, which is then locked with a master key or key file. KeePass Password Safe is very easy to use.
All you have to do is follow the on-screen menu, enter the information of a website and the corresponding user name and password.
The entry is then automatically stored in an alphabetical directory with all other entries.
- Highly encrypted databases
- No database installation required