Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Mail app is a great feature of Windows 10, but from time to time users encounter problems related to this app. You may encounter error code 0x8019019019a when logging into the Mail app with your Yahoo account. Besides, the message says, “Something went wrong, we’re sorry, but we couldn’t fix it.”
The Mail and Calendar app, which supports Outlook, Exchange, and Microsoft 365 accounts, allows you to add various email clients, and Yahoo users still use the feature. However, like all other Windows components, this app can have some issues. The Windows 10 Mail application error 0x8019019019a usually occurs when logging into Yahoo or trying to add an email client.
Here we will look at this particular problem and the recommended solution to resolve it. Although the symptoms may vary, as mentioned earlier, the problem occurs when trying to add a Yahoo email address. However, in our research, we found a specific hack for this situation. We hope it will fix the Mail App error in your case as well.
What is the cause of error code 0x8019019a when setting up Yahoo Mail in Windows 10 Mail app
According to some users, the problem seems to occur when installing a Windows update or changing passwords. One user described how the problem occurred in a fascinating scenario because he forgot to update his password before it expired.
Some even encountered it the first time they tried to log in to the app. In addition to this, other possible factors that you should not rule out are as follows:
- An outdated version of the mail app
- Mail app installation error
- System issue.
We have compiled different solutions to solve the “Mail not working” problem in the Windows Mail app.
Here’s how to fix error code 0x8019019a when setting up Yahoo Mail in the Windows 10 Mail app
Updating Windows and the Mail app
Adding a Yahoo account to the Mail app may fail if the Windows 10 Mail app or your system’s Windows operating system is outdated. In fact, if your system is not updated to the latest version, you may have compatibility issues. Therefore, updating Windows and the Mail app to the latest version can solve this problem. Follow these steps:
- Update to the latest version of Windows on your system. You can go to Settings, then click on “Update and Security” and check for the latest updates. Please make sure that you are not missing any additional updates.
- After updating your system, press the “Windows” key and search for “Mail”.
- In the search results for “Mail”, right-click on it and select “Share”.
- The Microsoft Store will open on the Mail app page. Here you can check to see if an update is available for the app. If updates are available, click the “Update” button.
- After installing the updates, restart your system. After restarting, try adding a Yahoo account using the Mail App and see if the problem is resolved.
Delete the Yahoo account and add it again
Error 0x8019019a may be caused by a problem in the system communication modules. This problem can be resolved by deleting the Yahoo account from the Mail application and then adding it back. Do the following:
- In the Mail app, click on the Accounts button that appears in the left pane.
- Now click on the Yahoo account and select the “Delete account from this device” option.
- Now confirm your action to delete your Yahoo account and exit the mail application.
- Reboot the system. After the reboot, add the Yahoo account back to the mail application and check if the account problem persists.
Add a Yahoo account with the “Other POP, IMAP account” option
If you tried solution 2 and the problem persists, repeat the steps mentioned here, but this time add an account with the “Other POP, IMAP account” option.
- Enter the data with your Yahoo accounts and check if the email app is working correctly. If it doesn’t, try the following solution.
- You can also try deleting all the accounts added to the Mail app and then adding back only the Yahoo account to see if the problem is fixed.
Generate app password
Yahoo has implemented several security features for its accounts because of security issues, and generating app-specific passwords is one of those features. This feature is sometimes useful for fixing error 0x8019019a, you can do the following:
- Delete your Yahoo account by following the steps mentioned in Solution 2.
- Then open your web browser.
- Go to the Yahoo Mail page and log in to your account.
- Go to your profile in the upper right corner and click on “Account Information”.
- Now click on “Account Security.”
- At the bottom of the page, click on the “Generate App Password” option.
- Select “Other apps” from the drop-down menu.
- Now click “Create” to create an automatically generated 16-digit password.
- Copy the generated application password
- Now launch the Windows 10 Mail app.
- Click on “Accounts” and select “Add Accounts.”
- Now select “Yahoo.”
- Enter your email credentials, but in the password field, paste the generated password copied from the app and click “Next”.
- Check if the Yahoo email account was added successfully.
Note that if the above procedure does not work, delete the account you just added and try adding your account using the “Other POP, IMAP account” option and see if you were able to add it successfully.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Update Windows and the Mail application.
- Delete the Yahoo account and add it again.
- Add a Yahoo account with the "Other POP, IMAP account" option.
- Generate an application password.
- Reset the Windows 10 Mail app.
- Make your user account the administrator of your computer.
- Set strong passwords for all administrator accounts on your computer.
- Make sure that all computer users can change their passwords.
- Disable guest accounts.
- Encrypt all computer partitions with encryption software.
Sometimes reinstalling a new version of an app can solve reception problems. Uninstall and reinstall the Yahoo Mail app on iOS. Uninstall and reinstall the Yahoo Mail app on Android.
- Select Settings -> Manage Accounts.
- Select an outdated account to display the Account Settings dialog box.
- Select Change Mailbox Sync Settings -> Advanced Mailbox Settings.