RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
There was a time when we used the Media Player to organize our media, but today most of us prefer media centers. In this article, I will explain how to transform your Windows 7 computer into a Media Center PC using the integrated Windows Media Center application.
This tutorial is divided into 3 parts. In the first part, I will talk about configuring the hardware and configuring the media center application to support the new hardware. The second part deals with configuring the Media Center application and creating a Media Extender using the Xbox 360. And in the third final part, we will see how we plan recordings, stream our multimedia center, plan and record television, and optimize the Windows Media Center with third-party add-ons.
If you recently purchased a PC and are using Windows Vista or later, you can easily convert your Windows PC to a media center. You will find Windows Media Center preinstalled on your computer. We can use third-party hardware and free tools to turn your PC into a media center.
The Media Centre would have the following functions:
- Organize media completely
- Record TV
- Expand to Xbox
- Schedule recordings
- Streaming over the Internet.
As already mentioned, this section deals with hardware configuration. Read on to find out what new hardware you need and how to configure it.
Installing a new capture card
To watch and record television on your Media Center PC, you must connect your coaxial cable to your PC. The coaxial cable connection is provided by your DTH service or cable operator.
You need a tuner card or a capture card. You can get one for about 23 USD or 1200 INR.
I have AverMedia AVerTV SUPER 009 (M733) TV Tuner Card, priced at $20 or Rs 1093
Install the card on your PC
- Open your box or CPU cover with a screwdriver and search for the PCI slot marked in the figure below.
- At the front of your PCI slot, you can see the removable metal plate or user interface of your PCI card. Remove the metal plate.
- Now insert your card into this connector.
- Close the music center.
- Reconnect the music center to the other components.
- Plug the coaxial cable into the tuner card
- Press the power switch.
- Install the drivers, if any, supplied with your card.
If you feel you will not be able to open your file and follow all these steps, there is another way to do so. Get a USB TV tuner card . You will receive iBall Claro TV Tuner TV Tuner TV Tuner Card. This is an amazing product with a price of about USD 23 or INR 1200, I would recommend using internal TV cards as they are more compatible and the cables can easily be plugged into the back of the CPU.
Install a TV tuner card this way.
You have successfully installed the capture card or TV tuner card.
In the second part of this tutorial, I will explain how to configure Windows Media Center with your tuner card settings and how to create a Media Center Extender with Xbox.
- Part 2 Converting Windows PC to Media Center PC – Configuring the Media Center application
- Part 3 From Windows PC to TV Media Center Part 3 – Programming recordings, streaming media center, etc.
- Media Portal: Replacing the Windows Media Center
- Increasing the size of the Windows Media Center Live TV buffer with the MCE Live TV Buffer Manager
- Internet TV on Windows Media Center with the Revision3 plugin.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance