RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Game Bar under Windows 10 v1703 contains some minor but useful changes. In the application, you can now configure the links of your choice, for example. We know the application helps you save your game in the background. The newly added functionality of the application extends its use by distribution lists. The particularity of this new change is that although the application offers the possibility to configure your own shortcuts, the standard shortcuts still work.
Let’s see how to set custom keyboard shortcuts for the game bar in Windows 10 in this post.
In the game bar, shortcuts can be configured for the following items :
- Open Game Bar (Windows+G Logo Key) – Opens the game bar while you are playing.
- (Windows+Alt+G logo key)- Instantly records the last moments of the game as a video when you have enabled recording in the background.
- Start/Stop Recording (Windows+Alt+R logo key)- Starts or stops video recording.
- Screenshot (Windows logo key+Alt+Print screen) – Take a screenshot. Full screen support has been added for 88 other titles.
- Show/hide recording timer (Windows+Alt+T logo key) – Shows or hides the length of the current recording to avoid distraction.
- Microphone recording on/off (Windows+Alt+M logo button) – Helps you record audio from your microphone so you can add a comment to your video.
Set custom shortcuts for the game bar
To set custom shortcuts, do the following :
Open the setting. Navigate to Game > Game Bar.
To set your own shortcut, select the your shortcut field and press the keys you want to use for this function. Please note that all key combinations you specify must contain at least one of the Ctrl, Shift or Alt keys and at least one other key.
If you press keys that are already assigned to a common function, such as Control+C for copying, they do not appear in the field.
To delete one of your shortcuts, select the Cancel icon next to the shortcut.
To save the changes, select Save at the end of the shortcuts.
See this article if you want to know how to enable or disable the game DVR or game bar in Windows 10.