Microsoft has released a Device Guard and Credential Guard Hardware Readiness Tool that allows customers to enable Device Guard or Credential Guard and check if their Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016 hardware is ready for it.
Device Guard is firmware that does not load un-authenticated, unsigned, unauthorized and unauthorized programs and operating systems. It is a combination of hardware and software security features that together lock a device so that it can only run reliable applications.
Credential Guard is one of the most important security features of Windows 10, providing protection against hacking of domain access data and preventing hackers from taking control of corporate networks. With features such as Device Guard and Secure Boot, Windows 10 is more secure than any other Windows operating system.
Device Guard and Credential Guard Hardware Readiness ToolOnly admnistrator owned posts can execute the include me shortcode
This tool is a Windows PowerShell script and must be executed with high privileges.
It may be used as follows:
- Check the status of device protection or accreditation protection on the system
- Check whether hardware device protection or accreditation protection can be performed and is compatible with the hardware laboratory kit tests.
- Enable and disable Device Guard or Credential Guard
- Integration with System Center Configuration Manager
- Use an integrated ConfigCI policy in audit mode.
You can download it from Microsoft.
Only admnistrator owned posts can execute the include me shortcode[toggle title=”Related Video”][/toggle]