Updated June 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Is your PC running slowly? Next, you must try Safe Startup, formerly called Startup Guard. Safe Startup is a free utility that allows you to manage applications that start automatically with Windows. There are some hidden applications that can automatically start with Windows and use the resources, which extends the Windows start time. But with Safe Startup, you can remove or disable all unwanted programs and files that slow down your PC.
Startup Guard or Safe Startup, you can check all boot applications and approve or reject them. You can also save the data as databases. When you start Startup Guard, you will see a new clean surface. The left pane contains links to specific actions you can perform, and the right pane shows you the applications that run when Windows starts.
On the right side, you can click on any program to view and check details. After opening a specific program, you will see options like :
- I haven’t made a decision yet: If you choose this option, the program will run as before. There must be no change in the function.
- I agree, allow it as is: With this option, you can approve the program at startup. Now this program would run every time Windows starts.
- I refuse it : This option allows you to reject the program and disable it at startup. This option has two additional operations: You can delete the start record for this file and close the file if it is running.
- Just Now : Delete startup record : With this option, you can immediately delete the start records for this application.
Don’t worry, if you accidentally deleted the original record or did something wrong, you can Undo undo your changes from the Undo option in the left pane. On the left side, you can also see the file properties and find the corresponding answers on the Internet.
By default, the application creates two databases, one containing information on approved applications (white list) and the other on rejected applications (black list). In the Database menu, you can delete these lists or delete some files. Deleting files from the database returns you to’Unknown’ status.
You can also create your own boot records from EXE files. And under Settings, you can define when the program should monitor the start blocks. There are other simple settings.
Startup Guard is an excellent application in this world full of crap software, toolbars and malware that secretly installs itself on your PC with other programs and makes your PC boot time slower than anything else.
Click here to download Safe Startup.
About Windows startup programs, these links may also interest you:
- How to delay the startup of programs in Windows
- Disable or manage the location or path of the startup folder in Windows
- Startup programs with MSConfig.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here