RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Remember all the names and URLs of your favorite website, where you normally go online, is not an easy task. Usually you bookmark your favorite pages – but it’s a rather fragmented process. There is also no way to organize them in a sortable column. We have already covered TidyFavorites, a free online bookmark manager. But if you’re looking for another free bookmark management software to do the job for you, try Fav-Links – A free visual bookmark manager.
Fav-Links is a program that allows you to organize your favorites and bookmarks easily and quickly. The application is accessible online or from a local computer when downloaded. Fav-Links has a very simple and convenient graphical user interface, which also allows easy access via key combinations.
As mentioned, the application is available in 2 versions :
- Free desktop application – Requires Microsoft.NET Framework 4.0
- Free online version – Registration required
How to Fav-Link
- Download and install the program (Note: Desktop version requires. NET Framework 4
- Start the program and look for the Fav-Links icon in the upper left corner of the screen
- Set the keyboard shortcut to access the application by pressing Q+A on your keyboard.
- Add links to the application by simple drag and drop from the browser on the icon of favorite links in the upper left corner. Arrange links in a sortable column (category). For example, websites that refer to technology in one column and food in the other. The icon can be moved and placed anywhere on your desktop screen
- As an alternative to the above step, you can copy a link to the clipboard and then right-click the Fav Links icon. In the new menu that opens, select‘Add new link’
- To open or search categories, simply move the mouse up the screen. You can change a link or category if you wish. Right click on selected object
- Use ‘Esc’ for fast backward navigation.
Advantages of privileged links :
- Browser independent
- Attractive screen overlay
- URL search support
- Category view support
- Thumbnails created by user.
Go to fav-links.org/BookmarkManager/ if you want to try it.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance