RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
The Blue Screen of Death error code 0x00000001, also known as the stop error APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, is normally caused when there is a file system shift. This can be done from newly installed software, an inserted CD or DVD drive, or online. The error may start with running the new software – if the error code appears and the software continues to work, the system may be damaged or corrupted.
This problem may also occur due to a problem in the Win32k.sys driver.
The stop error message is similar to the following:
STOP: 0x00000001 (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4)
This may be due to the following causes:
1. a kernel application or device driver running in kernel mode has caused an unsuitability of the thread index and APC (Asynchronous Procedure Call). This is probably due to the fact that the number of processes that have entered the critical area does not correspond to the number of processes that have left the critical area. If you run the software at this stage, the system will be damaged or corrupted.
2 This may be due to new hardware or software problems.
3. This error can occur when a CD or DVD is inserted into the drive.
4. This error also occurs if the computer uses the Windows Vista Aero color scheme.
5. sometimes, when we unlock the computer and connect to the default desktop, this STOP error appears.
This STOP error sometimes occurs when the computer goes into sleep mode several times (depending on the client’s use).
This problem can also occur in a secure desktop environment (when we lock the computer) where an application has recorded an “event hook” via an application programming interface.
Problems in the Windows system file win32k.sys can cause this STOP error.
9. Damage to storage can also create these conditions.
Too much RAM (> 2 GB) can exceed the capacities of the motherboard and BIOS and cause this STOP error.
How to correct the error 0x00000001:
Starting in safe mode
Due to the error in the blue screen, you cannot boot normally on your system. If so, please start your computer in safe mode with Networking To Access Windows Desktop and follow the steps below. If the window was started normally after a restart, you can apply the solutions below directly to avoid an APC_INDEX_MISMATCH Blue Screen Error.
Fixing corrupted system files
In addition, sometimes corrupted system files can cause various boot errors, such as APC_INDEX_MISMATCH BSOD Stop code 0x00000001. You can run the System File Checker tool to check or restore missing corrupted system files.
To run the system file checker, press the Windows key and type cmd -> Right-click on cmd and click Run as administrator. Then type the sfc /scannow command in the Command Prompt window and press Enter to execute this command.
This starts the search for missing and corrupted system files if the utility automatically restores them from a special folder in %WinDir%\System32\dllcache. Wait until the scanning is 100% complete after restarting the windows.
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.