RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Error Message Contains:
Delete the disk folders in %AppData% and %LocalAppData%.
- To start, close Discord using the Task Manager (right-click on the task bar and select”Task Manager”, then select the Discord process and click”Exit a task”).
- Then right-click on the Windows Start menu icon in the lower left corner of the desktop.
- Choose Run from the pop-up menu that appears.
- In the small Run window at the bottom left, type %appdata% in the empty field and click on the Run button at the bottom.
- In the Windows Explorer window that opens, locate the Discord folder. Right-click the folder and click Delete in the context list.
- Return to the Start menu and reload Run.
- Type’%localappdata%” in the field and click on’Run”.
- Locate the “Disk” folder and delete it as described above by right-clicking on it and selecting “Delete”.
- Restart the Discord configuration file and follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
In some cases, these additional measures may be necessary.
Set the Discord application (%LocalAppData%/Discord/Datest current version) as administrator and set compatibility to Windows 7 or 8 (try both).
Make sure that all instances of Discord, including the browser version, are closed before performing the steps.
Here are some additional solutions:
- From \AppData\Local\MongoDBCompass\app-1.13.1\Resources delete the file called app.asar before copying it anywhere (in my case it was the desktop). Then paste the file app.asar into this path \AppData\Local\MongoDBCompass\appappapp-1.13.1\Resources and repeat Compass.
- Restart Windows and try running Compass again.
- If nothing helps, reinstall the application (for example, a different version).
Change the startup type of the high-quality Windows Audio Video Experience service.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.