Last Updated on December 7, 2020
Updated June 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
In this guide we will show you how to fix the bug Archeage 1005: you cannot apply updates. Securing trade routes and taking part in sea battles are some of the most outstanding features of this MMORPG game. Although gameplay modes, quests and trials are commendable, there are a couple of issues that annoy some users. In this connection, the error 1005 is one of the most frequent.
The aforesaid error can be caused by several reasons. Initially it can be a corrupted game_pak file or a problem with the Glyph.exe update file. Similarly it can be caused by a corrupted game file in AppData folder. In some cases your firewall or antivirus program may conflict with the game if it works correctly.
If there are files left from previous updates, problems may also occur. With this in mind, this guide lists all possible fixes for the above problems, which, in turn, fixes the bug Archeage 1005: the updates can not be applied. There is no universal fix for the same problem, so it is recommended to try each of these fixes until you succeed.
Run the client as an administrator
- Browse to the Glyph folder (usually C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Glyph).
- Right-click on the GlyphClient file.
- Click on Properties.
- Click the “Compatibility” tab.
- Select the “Run this program as administrator” checkbox.
- Click Apply, then click OK.
- Try to patch it.
Adding an exception to the firewall / antivirus
Often the source of a patch can be a firewall or antivirus software. Follow the instructions below to add ArcheAge to your Windows Firewall.
- Open the control panel.
- Click “System and Security”. (Windows XP users choose the Windows Firewall at this point).
- Click Windows Firewall.
- Click Allow the program or features to run through the Windows Firewall.
- Click the “Change settings” button above.
- Click “Authorize another program …”.
- Click “Browse”.
- Go to the place where you installed the game (usually C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Glyph).
- Select the application file named “GlyphClient” and click “Open”.
Please try again at this stage. If this does not work, you can temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus. If this works, you can apply the full fix and then re-enable the firewall and antivirus.
Delete the game_pak file
One of the most common bug fixes 1005 is to find and remove a Bin32 file named game_pak. Several affected users confirmed that this update helped them to install the game or complete the pending update.
In most cases, this problem occurs due to a data conflict in the game_pak file. If you uninstall it, the game will start without any data about previous installation / update attempts.
- Open Explorer (or “My Computer” in an older version of Windows) and go to the next place:
- C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Glyph \ Archeage \ Live
- When you are in the right place, double-click the Bin32 folder to access it. Then scroll through the file list and find the file named game_pak.
- Once you find the file, right-click on it and select “Delete” to delete it from the game folder.
- After deleting the game_pak file, restart your computer and restart the game. Repeat the action that previously caused the error 1005.
Run the file glyph.exe as administrator
glyph.exe is one of the important files that will help you automatically update this game. However, to do its job effectively, it must have the necessary access to the folder where it was installed. If he does not get the necessary permissions, a number of problems can occur. To run this file as an administrator, follow these steps:
- Run the Explorer on your PC and navigate to the next location:
- C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Glyph \ Archeage \ Live \ Bin32
- Now right-click on the glyph.exe file and select Properties.
- To do this, go to the “Compatibility” tab.
- Then click on the option to run this program as an administrator.
- Click on “Apply” and then click on “OK”. Restart the game and start the game. Check if “Error Archeage 1005: updates can not be applied” has been fixed.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.