RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Users have reported that some Discord features simply don’t work after joining a game. These functions include audio, microphone, disc overlap and other important functions. After leaving the game, users can restart the call or join a channel again and problems usually disappear. However, after the game reopens, problems persist.
There were many different methods that users developed to solve the problem, and many of them were really successful, and they managed to keep Discord functional even after the game opened. Follow the solutions we have prepared!
Logout from Discord App and restart your PC
- Open Discord.
- Click on the equipment icon next to your profile name in the lower left corner to open the User Preferences menu.
- Scroll down the list on the left and click on the red “Logout” option.
- If the message “Are you sure you want to unsubscribe” prompts you to do so, click on the “Unsubscribe” button.
- Close the Discord application.
- Restart the PC.
- When you are back in Windows, load the Discord application and test if it solves microphone problems.
This generally solves all temporary microphone problems, but it is a short-term solution to deeper problems and works better with the other solutions discussed in this guide.
Reset Voice Settings
Sometimes this problem can also be solved by resetting the language settings in Discord, one of the most practical solutions. Here is how to reset the language settings to Discretion:
Step 1: Click on the User Preferences icon in the Deviations window.
User settings for deviations
Step 2: Click on Language and Video → Reset language settings.
Step 3: Click OK to confirm the reset language setting.
Step 4: Reconnect your microphone and send an audio message to others to see if the problem is solved.
Run Discord as administrator
If you have not executed Discord as an administrator, you may get into Discord overlay not working issue. Try running your disk as an administrator to see if this problem persists. Here’s how to do it:
1) On your desktop, right-click the Discord shortcut and select Properties.
2) In the pop-up window, go to the Compatibility tab. Select the check box next to Run this program as administrator and click OK.
3) Double-click the Diskord shortcut on your desktop to open it.
4) Restart your game.
Check to see if this problem recurs. Otherwise, you have solved this problem.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.