RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
The 0x800ccc1a error occurs on your computer in one of the following ways: An unknown error occurred. Please save all existing work and restart the program. (Account: ‘xxx‘, POP3 Server: ‘xxx.xxx.xxx‘), Error number: 0x800ccc1a, An unknown error has occurred. Please save all existing work and restart the program. (account:’xxx’, SMTP server: ””), error number: 0x800ccc1a
This particular error message indicates that the exact cause of the error is unknown, but refers to server settings that may result from data corruption or a missing or incorrect POP3/SMTP setting. Some of the reasons for this error are:
- You are not connected to the Internet or a network, or your mail server is temporarily unavailable.
- Your account settings are incorrect.
- Your Outlook user profile is corrupted.
- You have corrupted email on your POP3 server.
- The configuration of your antivirus software is incorrect.
- The configuration of your personal firewall software is incorrect.
- If the Secure Password Authentication (SPA) option is enabled, Secure Password Authentication (SPA) is enabled.
How to Fix Error 0x800ccc1a:
Reconfigure SSL Encryption Using Port Number Settings
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your PC and click File >> Account Settings to open the Account Settings Wizard.
- Click on the E-mail tab, then double-click on the e-mail account in which you encountered the Microsoft Outlook 0x800ccc1a error.
- Click the Other Settings button in the Check Email dialog box.
- This opens an Internet Mail Settings dialog box in which you must click on the Advanced tab and uncheck the box “The server requires an SSL encrypted connection”. Click on OK.
- If you cannot disable SSL encryption in your case, check the SMTP or POP3 port numbers. The SMTP port number must be 465 and the POP port number 995.
Repair the Outlook PST file with the MS Outlook Inbox Repair Tool
- Click on Open File Explorer and go to the path: \Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 12 folders
- Then click on scanpst.exe and locate the corrupted.pst file.
- Then click Start to repair the file.
- Now click on Repair to correct an error.
- Once the repair is completed, it is displayed.
Change the Port
- Access your account settings as described in solution 2.
- Select your account, then click on Edit.
- Click on More Settings, then go to the Advanced tab.
- Make sure that SSL is selected in the drop-down list before “Use the following type of encrypted connection”.
- Change the port value for IMAP to 993 and SMTP to 587.
- Change the SMTP encryption type to STARTTLS.
- Click OK, then restart Outlook.
Using Windows System File Checker
- Start by clicking on Start and type Command in the search box.
- While simultaneously pressing the CTRL and Shift keys, click on the Enter key.
- Click Yes after the dialog box is displayed.
- A black window opens with the cursor blinking.
- Then feed Scannow and click on Enter.
- All errors are checked by the System File Checker.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_other/in-outlook-2010-i-receive-error-report-0x800ccc1a/74f2a191-69db-4ad2-8a48-a73fd2250d85
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.