Last Updated on June 28, 2019
Updated August 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Rosetta Stone can be an excellent tool to learn a new language – if the program works correctly. Error code 2123 is a database error where the program has difficulty loading the program or loading your progress into the lessons. There are several ways to fix this bug that will give you options if the first fix you try does not work.
What is the cause of this type of problem?
There can be many reasons for this type of problem, one of which is system file corruption. Corrupted system file entries can pose a real threat to your computer’s health.
Errors in the system file can occur in several ways. Incomplete installation or uninstallation, incorrect removal of applications or hardware. It can also be caused by restoring your computer after a virus or adware/spyware attack or an inappropriate computer shutdown. All of the above activations may result in the deletion or corruption of Windows system file entries. This corrupted system file results in the absence of information and files that are incorrectly linked and necessary for the proper functioning of the application.
Rosetta Stone Network: Customization of dynamic paths
Error code 2123 is slightly different for the network version of Rosetta Stone. To evaluate the problem, close Rosetta Stone, restart the affected computer and restart Rosetta Stone. If the error persists, you must change the IP path of the program. Start the File Explorer and navigate to C:\ProgramData\Rosetta Stone\Network. Open the DynamicStoredPaths.xml file in a text editor such as Notepad. Find the following tags:
Enter the IP address of the computer (or “127.0.0.1” if the computer is not connected to a LAN network) and save the file, then delete Tracking.db3 from the Network folder. After a restart, the program should work.
How to Fix a Rosetta Stone 2123 Error
Look for applications that interfere with Rosetta Stone:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard, type Control and press Enter.
- Click on Uninstall a program located under Programs.
- In the list, search for the following programs:
Dell Datasafe (including Dell Datasafe Online)
Sonic Mastering Studio
- If Sonic Mastering Studio or Zoomtext is installed, close these programs. Then launch Rosetta Stone and restart Sonic Master Studio or Zoomtext.
- If Dell Datasafe is installed, contact Dell to run Rosetta Stone or uninstall it at your own risk.
- If BitDefender is installed, please contact BitDefender to add exclusions.
- If Acronis is installed, please contact Acronis to add exclusions for C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application data\Rosetta Stone\.
Proceed to the next step if you still get an error.
Restart without Internet
In some cases, the connection to the Internet when the application is launched may interfere with some of its elements and prevent their access. Therefore, in this step, we will restart the computer without the Internet, then start the application. For that:
- Disconnect the computer from the Internet.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.