RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
The Mail App is a great program in Windows 10 that many people use. It has innovative features that provide a great experience receiving, sending and organizing emails. The app is part of Microsoft’s larger ecosystem, the leading brand in the software industry. Despite the size of the email app, it is still far from perfect, as a significant number of users report various bugs they encounter when using it. One of the most common issues that users face is the Windows 10 Mail app error 0x8019019a.
The Mail app supports various Microsoft programs such as Outlook, Exchange and MS 365. Yahoo users can use this app by logging into their Yahoo account.
Unfortunately, many users have reportedly encountered an error when trying to log into the Mail app with a Yahoo account. When the error occurs, the message “There has been an error, sorry, but we couldn’t make it.” Displayed.
If you have encountered this problem, there is nothing to worry about. In this article, we will give a complete overview of what to do with mail application error 0x8019019a. The symptoms associated with this particular problem vary, but the cause of the problem is the same. On the advice of our experts, applying the fix described in the section below should help solve the problem.
Update Windows and the email application
You won’t be able to add your Yahoo account to the Mail app if the Windows 10 Mail app or the Windows operating system on your system is outdated. Typically, incompatibility issues can occur if your system is not updated to the latest version. So, updating your Windows app and Mail to the latest version can solve the problem. Follow these steps:
1] Update your Windows system to the latest version. You can go to “Settings”, then click “Update and Security” and check for the latest updates. Make sure that no additional updates are missing.
2] After updating your system, press the Windows key and search for “Mail”.
3] Find Mail in the results, right-click it and select “Share”.
4] “Microsoft Store” will open with the “Mail App” page. Here you can check if an update is available for the app. If updates are available, click the “Update” button.
5] After installing the updates, restart your system.
Done! When you restart, try adding your Yahoo account using the Mail app and see if the problem is resolved.
Update your Windows
You also won’t be able to add your Yahoo account to the Windows 10 Mail app if your Windows is out of date. Failure to update your system to the latest version can cause incompatibility issues and cause Windows 10 Mail app error 0x8019019a.
Thus, updating Windows to the latest version can solve the problem. To update your Windows computer, follow these steps:
- In Windows, click the “Start” button and click the “Settings” icon.
- Click the “Update and Security” option.
- Click the Windows Update Center tab in the left pane of the window.
- Click the Check for updates button.
- If a new update is available for Windows, install it.
- After installing the latest update, restart your computer.
Generate application password
Because of a number of security issues, Yahoo has added various security features to its accounts. One such security feature is application passwords.
If your Yahoo account username/password does not work with the Windows Mail app, you can use the app password to fix error 0x8019019a in the Windows 10 Mail app.
- Delete the Yahoo account.
- Now launch your web browser.
- Open Yahoo Mail> Login to account page.
- Go to your profile> click account information.
- Then click “Account Security.”
- Click the “Create application password” option.
- From the “Select Application” dropdown menu, select “Other Applications”.
- Now click “Create” to create an automatically generated password.
- Copy the generated application password.
- Now click “Account”> select the “Add account” option.
- Select your Yahoo account, enter your credentials in the password field and paste the copied application password.
- Now launch the Windows 10 Mail app.
Reset the app
Resetting the Windows Mail app can immediately solve the problem. If you want to try this method, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key and select the Settings icon.
- In the Settings window, select Applications>Applications and Features in the left pane.
- In the list of apps that appears, find the Mail app and click it.
- Then click the “Advanced Settings” button.
- Click the “Reset” button and restart your computer.
- The app should now work properly. However, if it doesn’t, proceed to the next fix.
Run an antivirus program.
Anti-malware tools are specifically designed to eliminate the destructive effects of malware while protecting your computer from future compromise. However, you need to be careful when choosing a malware protection program.
Some tend to interfere with other useful applications.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.