Updated June 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Some Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 users report seeing the “Fsquirt.exe Not Found” error every time they try to launch the Bluetooth file transfer program. Most affected users have confirmed that their PC is equipped with Bluetooth capabilities and this feature has worked so far.
To solve this particular problem, first run the Bluetooth troubleshooting application and see if the utility is able to detect and solve the problem automatically. If the problem is caused by an inconsistency in service or dependency, this utility can automatically resolve the problem.
Fsquirt.exe.mui, also known as the Myriad User Instrument file, was created by Microsoft for the development of the Microsoft Windows operating system. MUI files belong to the category of Win32 DLL (Executable Application) files.
Learn how to resolve the “Fsquirt.exe Not Found” error when opening the Bluetooth Transfer Wizard in Windows 10.
Start the Bluetooth service and set it to Automatic.
a. Press the Windows + R key on the keyboard.
b. Type “Services.msc” without quotes and press the Enter key.
c. Right-click Bluetooth Support Service and click Properties.
d. Set the startup type to Automatic, and then under Service Status, click Start.
e. Click OK.
Perform hardware and device troubleshooting to repair the device
a. Press the Windows key to start the Home screen.
b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotation marks and click Troubleshooting.
c. In the new window, click Show All in the left pane.
d. In the list of options, click Hardware and Devices.
e. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
Reinstalling Bluetooth Drivers
Another potential problem that could cause the “Fsquirt.exe Not Found” error is a damaged Bluetooth driver. If you are using a Bluetooth dongle, the problem may also be related to the USB controller.
This problem is quite common on laptops that use proprietary USB drivers.
If this scenario applies to your particular situation, you should be able to solve the problem by reinstalling the entire Bluetooth package via the Device Manager (and USB controllers if you are using a Bluetooth dongle).
- Press the Windows + R key to open a Run dialog box. Then type “devmgmt.msc” and press the Enter key to open a Run dialog box.
- If you are in the Device Manager, expand the drop-down menu associated with Bluetooth, right-click > Uninstall All Drivers.
- If you are using a Bluetooth dongle, expand the Universal Serial Bus Controller drop-down menu and uninstall all the items it contains.
- After uninstalling all the affected drivers, restart your computer to force your system to install generic versions of the missing drivers.
- After your system boots, repeat the action that previously caused the “Windows can’t find fsquirt” error and see if the problem is now resolved.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.