RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
League of Legends is one of the best MOBA games currently available on the market. The game is a bit similar to Dota 2 and World of Warcraft, but their popularity is higher.
The huge success of the game can be judged by its player base, which in 2017 was 100 million per month. The user base of the game continues to grow at a decent pace. Well, Riot Games has recently released a new patch for League of Legends with version 10.10, which we summed up at the end of the article.
So far, many League of Legends players have problems with pinging. For many of them, insanely high ping makes the game literally unplayable for many players. If you encounter this problem too, don’t worry, because many players face the same problem.
Many players report pinging 80-100 ms. Your ping has increased from 42-44 ms to 80 ms and above. You chose Reddit to voice this problem and worry.
Why do I have such a high ping in the League of Legends?
Why do I have such a high ping in the league? Looking at numerous reports and user reports, we found out that there are several main reasons for high ping. We summarize them here as follows:
- An outdated game patch. If your League of Legends has not been updated to the latest version, you may face the problem of high ping because of some bugs.
- Problems with the network. If your router or modem is in an error state, lol will not be able to forward packets freely. This will lead to a High Ping League of Legends.
- Outdated network drivers. It is responsible for network problems and causes a high Ping League of Legends.
- Bandwidth demanding applications. Sometimes, if you have too many bandwidth hungry applications running on your computer, your LOL may be late and have a high ping problem.
- DNS server. Legends uses DNS for a short time, but if it is not configured correctly, it will affect your game.
- Damaged installation files. Another possible reason is that the installation files are corrupted, which could cause high pinging of Legends.
We have analyzed the possible causes of high ping on League of Legends. Now let us see how we can reduce the ping league.
How can I check my ping in League of Legends (LOL)?
1) Start a new game in LOL.
2) Press Ctrl and F simultaneously on your keyboard.
3) Then your ping time and number of frames per second (fps) will be displayed in the upper right corner of the game screen, as shown in the next screenshot.
If after pressing Ctrl + F nothing happens, here is how to see your FPS and Ping:
1) Click on the gear icon in the top right corner.
2) On the “Hotkeys” tab, scroll down to find the “DISPLAY” entry. Click it to open the drop-down menu, and set the key combination to display FPS to Ctrl + F (or any key combination you prefer).
3) Start the game and press the keyboard shortcuts you have just defined. This time you should see your ping and FPS on the screen.
Reboot your router
Rebooting a router or modem is one of the most common methods to solve a network problem. It can help to solve a problem with high pinging. So:
Step 1: Make sure that you disconnect the router from the Internet.
Step 2: Press and hold the power button on the back of the router for about 15 seconds.
Step 3. then reconnect the router and press the power button to restart the router.
Check your antivirus and firewall
If you have problems with pinging in the League of Legends, you can solve them by checking your antivirus and firewall configuration.
Sometimes your antivirus can interfere with your system and cause problems with some applications.
To solve this problem, you need to open your antivirus settings and try to disable some features. Be sure to disable the firewall features of your antivirus program and see if this will solve the pinging problem.
There are many great antivirus applications. However, if you need complete protection that does not interfere with your gaming sessions, we recommend using Bitdefender.
What makes Bitdefender so amazing is its advanced protection features and no interference with other systems. You are fully protected and enjoy working on your device.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.