RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Today, Microsoft Office applications are becoming an important part of our daily lives. However, when you install or update Microsoft Office, you may encounter an error code that is Microsoft Office error code 1058-4. This is a common error for almost all Microsoft users. This error occurs when Office 365 attempts to perform updates. You cannot easily open Microsoft programs such as MS Word, Excel, etc. This is essentially a connectivity issue. Error code 1058-4 for Microsoft Office 2013 usually occurs due to incorrect installation of Microsoft Office. If you have encountered this error, please follow this article carefully.
Common causes of error Error code 1058-4
- An antivirus software or a firewall can block the installation of Office.
- The Internet connection or proxy settings prevent the installation of Office.
- Existing versions of an Office suite block the installation.
- Incomplete and partially failed repair installation Changing the deletion of a previous Office suite may prevent a more recent version from being installed.
How to Fix Microsoft Office Error Code 1058-4:
Temporarily disable the firewall and antivirus software
Error code 1058-4 when installing or updating Microsoft Office may occur due to network or firewall restrictions. Network rules or network/computer firewall rules may block the installation or update of the Office program as part of their security measures. These firewall and antivirus rules are implemented on the computer by the network provider or by the computer user on his central system or registry.
You can resolve error code 1058-4 by temporarily disabling the firewall or antivirus, or you can resolve error code 1058-4 by creating an exception rule to install or update Microsoft Office.
Step 1: Open the Control Panel.
Step 2 Access System and Security, then Windows Firewall.
Step 3: Click Enable or Disable Windows Firewall.
Step 4: Select Disable firewall for private and public networks.
Try to install or update Microsoft Office and check that error code 1058-4 is fixed.
Restart the Microsoft Office Click to Run Service
The reason you receive this error is probably because the service has been disabled. To restart it, proceed as follows:
1. press WIN + R.
2. type Services.msc
3. Press Enter and wait for it to load.
4. search for the Microsoft Office ClickToRun service.
5. you will notice that he is arrested. Right-click on it and click on’Properties’.
6. If the start type is disabled, set it to manual or automatic.
7. If you have set it to Manual, you must start the service. To do this, right-click on the service in the list and click on “Start”.
8. try to open Office again. It should start properly this time.
Use SFC Scan
The System File Checker is a preinstalled Windows utility that allows Windows users to scan and troubleshoot errors in Windows system files. The SFC scan identifies damaged files and repairs or restores the file from cached copies of system files in a folder compressed to %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
Steps to follow to perform the SFC scan to resolve error code 1058-4:
- First of all, make sure that the computer’s date and time are correct.
- Open the order immediately with Administrative Preferences.
- Type “SFC /SCANNOW” and click on Enter.
- Do not close the scan window until it is 100% complete.
- Once the analysis is complete, launch the installation/update to verify that error code 1058-4 has been corrected.
The article above describes how to troubleshoot the Microsoft Office 1058-4 error code. I hope this article will help you to solve this problem. If you have any questions, you can leave them in the comments box.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.