RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Microsoft today launched the first 20H1 Insider Preview Build for Insiders in Fast Ring, which means that Microsoft has officially merged the Skip Ahead and Fast Rings again. Microsoft says that a small group of Skip Ahead users will be downgraded to Fast Ring, but that shouldn’t matter because the two rings now have the same builds.
Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build 18875
In addition to the new input methods, here is an overview of the other changes and corrections that are included in this compilation:
- We have fixed a problem that could cause the lock screen to freeze when you interact with the touchpad and change the layout of the keyboard.
- We fixed a problem that caused Settings to crash sporadically in recent versions.
- We fixed a problem that caused some insiders to configure their device after each reboot.
- We fixed a problem that caused unexpected distortion of part of the text in Settings > System > Memory > Temporary files in Chinese and Japanese.
- We have made a modification to the timeline for keyboard users only. Thus, if you are conducting a search and are not logged in, you do not need to navigate beyond the consent text before accessing the search results.
- We fixed a problem that could cause some applications to flicker when they were maximized and you started the touchscreen keyboard.
- We fixed a problem where when the Photo tile was pinned to Start, it could cause unexpected battery usage because the tile animation was triggered even if Start was not open.
Windows 10 Build 18875 Known problems
This build brings three known problems in the table. Updating the latest versions of 19H1 Insider Preview may cause system failures for users using older versions of anti-cheat software.
In addition, Microsoft has not solved the functionality problems of Creative X-Fi sound cards and some Realtek SD card readers.
Problems known to developers
If you install builds from the fast ring and switch to the slow ring or preview ring, optional content such as activating the developer mode will fail. You must stay in the Quick Ring to add, install and activate the optional content. This is due to the fact that the optional content is only installed on builds that are allowed for some rings.
As you are used to doing in the Skip Ahead Ring, this build is part of the 20H1 development branch. This means that it is planned to test the functionality update in the first half of 2020.
With all the above, this is the first time that a 20H1 version has been introduced in the Fast Ring, which Microsoft announced earlier. It remains to be seen how the tests of this year’s second major update, 19H2, will proceed, but it seems that the Slow Ring is the only possible option.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.