RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Spotify is one of the best audio streaming platforms currently available. Although not available in all countries, its user base is incredibly high. The desktop version of Spotify is known for its elegant design and user-friendly interface. One of them is the error code 13 that appears when you install the Spotify Windows application on your system. For most users, the error appeared after launching an update, which caused confusion in the installation and forced them to reinstall the application.
The error code is marked by the error message “The installer is unable to install Spotify because the necessary files could not be created”. This may be due to a variety of factors, including compatibility mode issues or third-party applications that interfere. In this article, we will examine these issues in more detail and also propose solutions that have worked for other users.
How to correct the Spotify 13 error code:
Download the full Spotify Installation Pack.
To minimize the time you have to spend in safe mode (which is sometimes a strange experience if you have a very low screen resolution without a video card driver), the desktop is usually my first choice before downloading the complete Spotify for Windows installation package in an easily accessible location.
Installing Spotify in Safe Mode
1) Download the complete SpotifyInstaller.exe file to your computer.
2) Shutdown and restart in safe mode with the network (Win 7 Option)
– To access the memory mode, you must press one of the following keys during the boot sequence to access the boot options: F2, F8 or F10 (see manufacturer’s settings). Then select the Boot in Safe Mode with Network option.
3) Locate and install the downloaded file. He will also install an update that I think is the cause of the problem.
4) Once the process is complete, Spotify will open as you wish.
5) Restart in normal mode and you should be ready.
Perform a complete power cycle
Anyway, the first step to try it is an energy cycle. It may sound simple, but it tends to prevent strange mistakes like this.
To perform a complete power cycle, proceed as follows:
- First, cancel the download of the Spotify application if it is still running;
- Now press and hold the power button for 10 seconds until you hear a beep;
- Once the console is turned off, unplug it from the wall socket;
- Leave to work for 2 to 5 minutes;
- Reconnect the cables and turn them back on.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.