RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
IRQL_NOT_DISPATCH_LEVEL in Windows 10 is a blue screen death error that often occurs due to hardware or software problems. When this BSOD appears, the device always reboots with an error check value of 0x00000008. Like other blue screen problems, this is a serious problem, but it can be successfully resolved by a few possible workarounds.
Frequent restarts of the computer due to the IRQL NOT DISPATCH LEVEL at the same time as the BSOD cause great inconvenience. Fortunately, you can solve this problem by using Disable Auto-Restart, Troubleshooting, Safe Mode, Windows Defender scanning, removing third-party antivirus software and updating drivers.
Stop error 0x00000008 Problems often mean that your Windows laptop does not have enough free memory to support the computer’s performance. To repair an irql shipping level blue screen, you should often find out why your computer is now considered to be faulty with low memory.
Use all your power to free up disk space
What do you often do to create more free space on the hard drive? Here are some important suggestions on how to free up disk space:
- Delete all files and folders from the Recycle Bin
- Delete all unnecessary applications, game histories, histories and records
- Clean the computer Trash folder
If possible, also clean hard disk fragments. And in this case, some hard drive cleaning applications can help you in one way or another.
Disable Automatic Restart
- Tap Win+S all at once to trigger the taskbar search.
- Type Control Panel in the text box, and when the result is displayed, tap Enter.
- Make the control panel display a small or large icon, find System and click it.
- When the new windows appear on the screen, select “Advanced System Settings” in the left pane.
- When a new System Properties pop-up window appears, switch to the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down and select Settings in the Startup and Recovery section. Step 7: After the new pop-up window appears, scroll down to “System Failure” and uncheck the “Automatically restart” option.
- Click the OK button below to continue.
Installing the latest updates
In some cases, the IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error can be resolved if you make sure your Windows 8/8.1 has all the latest updates installed. Make sure the Automatic updates option is selected.
Follow these steps to check:
- Start Windows
- Windows Vista, 7 users can type update in the search box to open Windows Updates.
- Windows 8 users can open the Magic Bar by pressing the Windows key and the C keys, then go to Settings > Change PC Settings
- Click Update and Restore
- Click Select How to Install Updates
- Select Install updates automatically
- Check the box Get recommended updates the same way you get important updates under Recommended updates.
- Click on OK
Reinstalling Windows 10
Reinstalling Windows 10 is the last resort to resolve the IRQL NOT DISPATCH LEVEL error. To perform a clean installation of Windows 10, you need a USB device bootable with a Windows 10 ISO.
Resetting the default settings is similar to reinstalling Windows 10, and you can keep your own files using this method. Therefore, some users may prefer to reset Windows to its default settings rather than doing a clean, complete reinstall.
Our Reset to Factory Defaults guide provides additional guidelines for resetting Windows 10.
These are some of the most likely Windows fixes for the 0x00000008 IRQL NOT DISPATCH LEVEL error. The troubleshooting steps included in Microsoft’s “Troubleshooting Blue Screen Errors” page may also be helpful in correcting the IRQL BSOD error.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.