Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
The “Sending messages to this channel is temporarily disabled” error message is displayed when messages cannot be sent to Discord, usually when Discord servers are experiencing connectivity problems. To resolve this error, perform the following resolution steps.
Discord servers offer many different ways to manage communication between channels. There are high-level controls to prevent certain words from being used, to prevent message bombardment, and to block or ban users, among other things.
If you have many users on a server, managing permissions for each of them can be a challenge. Adding additional/different administrators to the server makes the job easier.
When you try to send a message over the channel, you may encounter some blockages that prevent you from sending the message. This could be an error or an administrative control that is enabled to control the channel conversation.
What causes the “Sending messages in this channel is disabled” error on Discord
Internet connection is at fault: It is also possible that the Internet connection you are using to connect to the servers is unstable or cannot be connected properly, which can cause this error. The connection may also be an issue if your computer is not set up to use the correct DNS servers.
Faulty servers: In some cases, the primary servers used by the disk to run the service are under maintenance or temporarily unavailable. Thus, you may see this error when sending messages.
Servers are often maintained to improve certain features and protect against threats. It may also prevent you from logging in and you may not even be able to log in to your account.
To fix the “Sending messages in this channel is disabled” error on Discord
Check if you are banned
- Discord may temporarily ban or restrict a user’s functionality for violating the terms of service.
- To make sure you have not been banned from Discord, try creating a new account and using it.
- You can also try using a different IP address to access the account and see if that helps.
Checking the service status
- This error usually occurs when the service servers are down. Discord notifies users on its Reddit community page, as well as on its Twitter account if this problem affects the entire site.
- Check the Reddit and Twitter pages of Discords for the expected response.
- You can also check the status of the Discord service on its official site.
Changing the DNS settings
- Press Windows + R to open Run.
- Enter the control and press OK.
- In the Control Panel window, go to Network and Internet.
- Click Network and Sharing Center.
- In the left pane, click Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click the network adapter and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, double-click Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Select the Use the following DNS server addresses option.
- In the Preferred and Alternate DNS server field, enter the following address.
- Click OK to save your changes and close the Properties window.
- Open the Discord again and check for improvements.
Frequently Asked Questions
If Discord has deactivated your account, you will need to get their permission to restore it. If your account has been deleted, you have 14 days to restore it before it becomes completely unrecoverable.
If you're having problems with your messages not being sent, first check your Internet connection. Make sure that you have good Internet access and that your connection is working properly. In addition, you should also check to see if you have the correct speed.
Discord is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its community, and your account was reported to the Discord Community for violating our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. Our team has reviewed the allegation and has taken steps to deactivate your account.
Can I send messages to someone who has deactivated their account? Yes, you can. A deactivated account will still allow friend requests and messages, but the user will not be notified until they activate their account.