Last Updated on January 24, 2020
Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If you have a trial version of Microsoft Office installed on your computer and you try to install another instance of a detail copy, this error may occur on a Windows computer. This error occurs when you try to open a Microsoft Office application such as Word, Excel, and so on. The full error message is – This action applies only to products that are currently installed.
An error may occur that indicates a file association problem. For example, you may receive an error similar to the following:
"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. please install a program or if one is already installed create an associate in the default programs control panel"
“This action is only valid for products that are currently installed”
Uninstalling the Microsoft Office Trial Version
- No matter which version of Microsoft Office you are using, the cause of the underlining of this error is almost the same.
- The error is usually caused by installing multiple instances of Microsoft Office. Start by uninstalling the trial version of Microsoft Office installed on your computer.
- Press Windows + R to open Run.
- Enter the Control Panel and click OK to open the Control Panel.
- Select the trial version of Microsoft Office and click Uninstall.
- Wait until the Office application is uninstalled and restart the computer.
The repair function scans your Office program files and replaces any corrupted files it finds.
- Click Start and select Control Panel.
- Click Programs and select Programs and Features.
- Scroll down until you see “Microsoft Office < Pro, Home, and so on. > 2010”.
- Highlight it and click Change (at the top of the window).
- In the window that opens, select Repair and click Next.
- Click Close when the repair is complete and restart your computer.
- Note If you have completed the repair and the error is still displayed, uninstall and reinstall Office 2010.
Run Microsoft Office Troubleshooter
- You have two options:
- Quick Repair – Select this option first. Quick Fix checks the Microsoft Office installation for problems and fixes them without the need for an Internet connection.
- Online Repair – This option requires an Internet connection. Connect to the Internet and launch the online repair option. It may take a few minutes to fix the problem.
- Wait until the repair process is complete, restart your computer and check for improvements.
- If the problem persists, run Microsoft Office troubleshooting to repair the installation.
- Press Windows + R to open Run.
- Enter the control and click OK.
- In the control panel, go to Programs > Programs and Features.
- Select the Microsoft Office application and click Change.
Uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Office
If the 2 methods above do not solve the problem, you may need to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office.
Of course, you can also uninstall the program as an uninstallation of the MS Office trial version mentioned above. You can also uninstall it in the settings, which is an easier method.
To do so, please open the settings and navigate to Apps -> Apps & Function. Then scroll down the page to find your Office program, click on it and click the Uninstall button. If you receive the warning message, click the “Uninstall” button to confirm this process.
Wait until the uninstallation is complete. Then restart your computer and download and reinstall the latest version of Microsoft Office. Do it this way. The question “This action only applies to currently installed products” should be removed successfully.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.