RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
When downloading an application from the Microsoft Store, an error message may appear indicating – This app has been blocked due to Company Policy. If you see the same error message, follow these instructions to correct it. This guide is intended for those who are outside a domain network but still see this error message when downloading specific applications from the Microsoft Store.
This error message appears when users are redirected from the browser to the Microsoft Store to download an application. This can be any application or game.
Try Installing UWP Applications from Another User Account.
If you have another user account that you can log in to, try downloading from that account. The application can be downloaded from another account.
Users can also create new user accounts from which they can download UWP applications. This allows users to create new Windows 10 accounts.
- Press the Start button.
- Click the Settings button.
- Select Accounts and click Family and Others.
- Select Add more people to this PC to open the window in the bottom snapshot.
- Click I don’t have this person’s credentials and click the Add users without Microsoft accounts option.
- Then enter the required account information in the text boxes and click the Next button.
- Restart Windows after creating the new account.
- Log in to the new user account.
Troubleshoot Windows Store applications.
This integrated tool is designed to troubleshoot all types of problems related to UWP applications. Therefore, you can contact this tool if you see the “App blocked” error.
- Select Troubleshooting in the left panel.
- In the right pane, click Windows Store Apps, and then a button appears.
- Click the Perform Troubleshooting button.
- Wait until the troubleshooting process is complete.
- Do what the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter suggests at the end of the scan.
Make sure that your region and language settings are set correctly.
In some cases, this error is due to incorrect configuration of the regional settings. After entering your region, make sure that the Country/Region field indicates the correct country. Set it correctly. Reboot the system and try to reinstall the application. If the problem is due to an error, update your mobile phone or PC. Do not rule out the possibility that the error “This application was blocked due to company policies” may appear if the application itself is faulty.
Reset the Window Store
There may be a problem directly with the Windows Store that displays the error code “This application was blocked due to company policy” when you download a specific application. To check this possibility, follow the steps below:
- Hold down the Windows key and the R key until a small window appears.
- Type wsreset.exe.
- Press the Enter key.
- Restart your computer.
- Install the application you want to use and see if it works.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.