RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Many users are reporting an error while trying to update Windows 10 with error code 0x800f0845. In some cases, the error appears as BSoD. However, we will discuss the case of preventing Windows updates. If you are facing Windows Update error 0x800f0845, please refer to this article for a solution.
Windows Update error 0x800f0845 has long been an issue and we have no news of a suitable fix. For some users, Windows updates will be completely stopped, and for some, progress will stop after a while. This error is caused by a damaged system file or a bug in the Windows update mechanism. Therefore, the following fixes were made:
Go to troubleshoot Windows Update
Run the Windows Update troubleshooter before trying other solutions. This built-in Windows tool can detect and fix problems causing update errors.
Therefore, follow these steps to run the Windows Update troubleshooter:
- Click the Start button, then click Settings.
- Select Update & Security in Windows Settings.
- Now go to troubleshoot in the left pane.
- Go to Windows Update sections
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Wait for the troubleshooting process to complete.
When the process is complete, restart your computer. Now try updating your Windows 10 PC again and see if update error code 0x800f0845 is fixed or not. Otherwise, skip to the next solution.
Uninstall Windows Updates in Safe Mode
- Restart Windows several times in a row to see the automatic recovery screen.
- Hover over the advanced options in the troubleshooter window.
- In advanced options, click Startup Options and restart Windows in Safe Mode using the F4 key.
- If you are in Safe Mode, open Settings by holding the Windows key and pressing I.
- Under Settings, click Update & Security and remove update KB405692 from the update history.
Run System File Checker
Most of the affected users confirmed that the Windows update error 0x800f0845 occurs due to corrupted files on the computer. The best way to deal with corrupted system files is to perform an SFC scan.
Follow these instructions to run an SFC scan:
- Press Windows Key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- At the command prompt, enter this command and press Enter:
- sfc / scannow
- This command analyzes and fixes problems in system files.
Download Windows updates manually
- Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog site in your browser.
- Enter the desired update code into the search bar and press Enter.
- Click the Download button to view the corresponding version of the list.
In the pop-up window, click the link to start Windows Update.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.