Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Some Xbox One users are experiencing the “We can’t find the microphone for these people” error after accidentally disconnecting. Most affected users report that the problem comes and goes. The microphone will still work until it is disconnected.
Check your Xbox profile settings
Your microphone on your Xbox One may be disabled because your profile settings are limiting your voice communication. You can check your profile settings to see if the microphone is controlled in your account.
1) Press the Xbox button on your gamepad.
2) Select “Settings” and “All Settings.”
3) Select “Account,” then “Online Privacy and Security.
4) Select Show details and customize.
5) Select “Communicate by voice and text,” then select who you want to talk to (usually your friends or everyone).
6) Check if you can communicate with your friends via microphone.
Check your internet speed
Check your internet speed to make sure you have a good quality connection. If you have a slow internet connection and can’t get it up to speed, use the Xbox app on your phone. This allows you to chat with other players using your cellular data plan. You can also use the Xbox app to chat with Apple AirPods on your Xbox One. This method is not recommended for people with data limitations.
Restarting the Xbox One
Press the power button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until the system shuts down. Wait about a minute, then press the button to bring it out of hibernation mode. If done correctly, you should see the Xbox One boot screen for a few seconds before returning to the normal home screen.
Set the sound to uncompressed stereo
If you get the “We can’t find the microphone for these people” error message when using a third-party headset, changing the default optical sound setting to uncompressed can solve the problem.
Some users have confirmed that this process was successful when they encountered the problem with Astro A20 headsets.
- On the Xbox console, press the Xbox button on the gamepad once to open the manuals menu. Then go to “Settings” in the options list and navigate to the “All Settings” options.
- From the “Settings” menu, select “Screen and Sound” from the list of available options.
- Then go to the “Audio Output” menu and change the optical sound to uncompressed stereo sound in the corresponding drop-down menu.
- Save the changes you just made in the “Settings” menu, restart the console and check whether the error message “We can’t find the microphone for these people” appears when you try to use the microphone. helmet.
Repair or replace your device
If you’re having hardware problems or the methods described above haven’t worked, it’s time to repair or replace your devices (Xbox One headset, console, or controller). If your devices are still under warranty, you can contact Microsoft support or your device vendors and ask for their help.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.