RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
This error may occur because there are too many Windows language packages installed on your computer.
This is because the backup process affects the system writer who reports files in important applications that are installed on the computer. If a large number of language packages are installed, the metadata file reported by this author becomes huge and no longer corresponds to the 100 MB volume. This causes the backup to fail because there is not enough space to make the shadow copy. This is not something you can check, because this metadata file is created during backup and deleted at the end.
Uninstall unused language packs.
To solve the problem, uninstall all unused language packages that are currently installed on your computer. You can do this by clicking on Start, typing Lpksetup.exe in the search box, then clicking on Lpksetup.exe in the list of programs. Once the Language Pack installer has started, click Uninstall Display Languages. Uninstall the languages you are not using, then restart your computer and restart the backup.
Disable paging file generation
- WIN + Pause/Pause/Pause button | in the left pane, click Advanced System Preferences |
- In the PERFORMANCE section, click on SETTINGS |.
- ADVANCED tab | VIRTUAL MEMORY section | CHANGE button | CHANGE button
- Uncheck the box “Automatically manage the size of the pagination file for all players”.
- Click on the radio button “NO PAGING FILE” |
- Click on the SET | button
- Click on the YES button ||
- Click OK
- Shutdown Computer
- Turn on your computer.
Checking the status of VSS and SPP services
Type services.msc at the command prompt and press Enter.
In the Service Manager, search for Volume Shadow Copy Service and Software Protection Service.
Double-click on it to open each of them and make sure that their boot status is set as follows:
- Volume Shadow Copy Service – Manual
- Software protection service – Automatic (delayed start)
Then click on the Start button to start these services manually if they are not already started. Now run the Backup and Restore function and take a look.
Deleting Restore Points
If the error message “The specified object was not found” contains “Error code: 0x81000019”, you can try to delete the old recovery points of the drive you want to save. Please follow the steps below:
- Open the File Explorer, right-click on the player and select Properties.
- Go to the Previous Versions tab and delete all restore points.
- You can also delete old restore points by following these steps:
- Open the File Explorer, right-click on this PC and select Properties.
- Click on System Protection.
- Select a player, then click on Configure.
- Click on the Delete button and perform this operation.
Disable the third-party security software.
Sometimes, third-party security services may interfere with the Windows Backup service, and in this case, the software protection service interferes. We strongly recommend that you temporarily disable your security software and see if it can help you.
Try making a backup now to see if the problem is solved. We hope that these tips were easy to follow and that you were able to solve the problem.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.