RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
You have an important email to send, but you get the error 0x8000000b when you try to send your email. What do we do now? To first understand why this happened, we must understand the nature of this error.
This error is related to synchronization problems and is displayed when you try to configure your email application. Whether you use Gmail or Yahoo, this can happen if you configure it in the Windows 10 email application.
When you click the Send button, your email application automatically tries to connect to the mail server to get the server settings, but this error sometimes occurs. But don’t worry, we’ve put together a list of tips and solutions for you. So let’s get to the solution.
The error code 0x8000000b indicates that the email application could not connect to the Gmail IMAP server. Make sure your firewall allows outgoing connections to ports 993, 465 and 587. Some antivirus programs can also cause this problem, so try to temporarily disable email scanning to allow a direct connection.
You can obtain other error codes such as 0x8007042b, 0x80040154, 0x8000ffff, 0x8007000d, 0x80c8043e, 0x80070435, 0x8007006d, 0x80070425 that are associated with the same error message. Regardless of the error code you receive, the underlying problem is that you cannot add your Gmail account. In general, the error prevents you from using your Gmail account in the email application.
Resetting Windows 10 applications
To solve the problem that the Windows 10 Mail application does not synchronize the 0x8000000b error, you can try to reset Windows 10 applications by following the steps below.
- Press the Windows logo + the I keys on the keyboard to open the settings window.
- Click on System, then on Applications and Features. Scroll down to the bottom right of the screen to get the messaging application, click on it. Then you will see Advanced Options, click on it.
- In the advanced options, click Reset.
- Click the Reset button again to confirm the option. Once done, it will start to reset the application.
- After a while, you will see the check mark next to the Reset button, which confirms that the application reset was successful. You can now close the Settings application and return to the desktop.
We have now finished resetting the Windows 10 application that is not working properly.
Disable Antivirus or Windows Defender
If you can’t synchronize your email, it may be because your antivirus software or Windows defender is blocking the request sent by the Windows Mail application. In this case, try to disable your antivirus and try again. To disable your Windows Defender, do the following:
- Open Start and type in the Windows Defender Security Center.
- In the results, click on Windows Defender Security Center.
- In Windows Defender Center, go to’Firewall and Network Protection’.
- Select a network profile and disable the Windows firewall. Perform this step for each existing profile.
- Check if you can synchronize your email again.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.