Updated June 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Microsoft has greatly improved its integrated messaging application under Windows 10. But even in the improved version, some people report that they cannot receive emails or even open the application.
How to repair Windows 10 Mail App does not work
If you find that your email and calendar application does not work, crashes or freezes under Windows 10, here are some effective solutions for you.
Delete and add an account again
Here’s the thing, the first thing you need to do is open the email application, then click on the Settings button (speed icon). The next step is to click on the Manage Accounts button, then select your account from the list.
Then click on Delete account from this device, then restart the email application and add the account again.
It’s so easy and it doesn’t take much time, and we like it.
Resetting the Mail application
OK, so what you need to do now is reset the Windows Mail app if you can’t continue. The reset usually works when all else fails, and as mentioned above, you will not lose anything.
- Right-click the Windows Start button and select Apps & Features from the menu. Then scroll down to the Mail and Calendar option, then select Advanced Options, then click Reset.
- Finally, restart your computer and return to the Mail application to check that everything is working as it should.
Installing missing email application packages under Windows 10
If you have difficulty synchronizing your emails, or if you cannot add new accounts after upgrading to a new version of Windows 10, you may have a problem with the missing On-Demand Feature packages.
This is a known problem, and Microsoft recommends the following solution:
- Open Start.
- Locate the command prompt, right-click the result, then click Run as administrator.
- Type the following command, then press Enter :
- dism /online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:OneCoreUAP.OneSync~~~~0.0.1.0
- Restart your computer.
- Open Mail.
- Click on the Settings (speed) button in the lower left corner.
- Click Manage Accounts to see if the account settings are available, indicating that the packages have been successfully added.
Once the steps are completed, the messaging application should work again. If the account is still not synchronized, delete it and add it again under Mail Settings > Manage Accounts > Select the account, select Delete Account from this device and click the Delete option. Once the account has been deleted, select Add Account to add it again.
Troubleshooting Windows Store Applications
Run the Windows Store Application Troubleshooting, which checks and fixes problems so that the email application does not work properly.
- Enter the troubleshooting settings in the locator of the Start menu and select the first option.
- Select Windows storage applications and solve the problem,
- Let Windows check and fix the problems so that the application does not work properly.
- Restart the windows and check that the mail application is working correctly.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.