RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
If you have not used Windows Live Mail for a long time, you will receive an error code 0x80041161. This Windows Live Mail error can have several different causes, such as corrupted files or services that do not start, making it difficult to identify the cause. Read on to find out how to fix this Windows Live Mail 0x80041161 error.
To fix the Windows Live Mail 0x80041161 error
To repair your Windows Live Mail, do the following:
1. Click on the Start button (Circle button with Windows logo).
2. Click on Control Panel.
3. click on Programs.
4. click on Programs and Features.
5. Search for Windows Live Essentials, then double-click it.
6. Click Repair All Windows Live Programs.
After that, please reconfigure your Microsoft account so that the settings are taken into account.
Confirm that you have Service Pack 1 of .NET Framework 3.5.
The”.NET Framework” is a set of reusable code on which some Windows applications depend. This version of the framework must be installed on your computer (provided by default via Windows Update), but it may also have been uninstalled or disabled.
Enable or disable Windows functions Open the Start menu and type “Functionality” in the search field: Click on “Enable or disable Windows functions” at the top of the search results under Control Panel. In the list, search for “Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5.1”: Is the checkbox disabled? If so, keep reading; if not, close the popup and move on to the next section.
Use the integrated repair tool.
Windows Live Mail is part of the Windows Live Essentials package, and Windows has an integrated tool that can repair all applications in the Essentials package. Searching and using it is very simple as long as you follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type Add or Remove programs if you have Windows 7 or earlier, and change or delete a program if you have a newer version.
- Open the result and you should see a list of the software installed on your computer. Search for Windows Live Essentials; if you have sorted it in alphabetical order, it should be at the bottom of the list. double click
- Click Repair All Windows Live Programs and wait until the wizard is finished. Start a restart at the end.
- Once you have done this, you will need to add your email account again.
- Press the Windows key, type Mail, and then open Windows Live Mail in the results list.
- In the lower left corner, click on the Select Accounts tab and select E-mail.
- Enter your email address, password and display name and click on
- Follow the additional steps of the wizard until it is completed. If you had more than one account, click Add more email accounts to add more, and repeat the process as long as necessary.
Your Windows Live Mail may be corrupted and in need of repair. As a first step in troubleshooting, I strongly recommend that you upgrade your Windows operating system and then repair your Windows Live Mail. But first, please backup all your files stored in your Windows Live Mail.
While you are at it, perform important Windows maintenance because it can solve many Windows problems, for example when an upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 fails.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.