Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Several Xbox One users have received error code 0x87e107e4 when trying to open a game on their Xbox One console. While some users report that the problem applies to only one game, others say that their entire library has become unusable since the error code appeared.
How can I fix an Xbox One 0x87e107e4 error?
Soft Reset Xbox One
If the power cycle has not been successful, we will take appropriate measures to resolve firmware problems that could lead to error 0x87e107e4. At least a dozen concerned users have confirmed that they can access all the titles of their games after a soft reset.
This method resets all files in your operating system, which also results in the deletion of potentially corrupted data. But don’t worry about looking at the data on your hard disk/SSD, the reset only applies to firmware files – all your installed applications, games and media remain intact.
Here is a quick guide to performing a soft reset on your Xbox One console:
- If your console is on, press the Xbox button (on your controller) to open the guide menu. When you are there, go to System > Console Info.
- When you are in the Console Info menu, click the Reset Console button.
- From the Reset Console menu, select Reset and keep my games and applications.
- Wait patiently until the process is completed. Once the process is complete, your console restarts automatically.
- Once the next boot sequence is complete, try again to access your game library and see if the problem is solved.
Power Cycle Xbox One Console
- Turn off your console by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds. The console turns off.
- Turn on your console again by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller.
Note If you do not see the green boot animation when you restart the console, repeat these steps. Be sure to keep the power switch depressed until the console is completely off.
Important If your console is in Instant-On-Power mode, the above steps will stop the console completely. The Instant-On mode or the option to turn on your console with “Xbox on” is only activated after the console is restarted.
Unplug and connect the power cord from your console.
Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it turns off completely.
Unplug the power cord from the console. Wait 10 seconds.
- Important Don’t forget to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
- Reconnect the power cord from the console.
- Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.
Hopefully this has helped you solve your problem with Xbox One Error 0x87e107e107e107e107e107e4. Let us know in the comments below.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.