Last Updated on August 12, 2019
Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
YouTube is one of the most popular and largest platforms, containing countless video and music resources for online reflux. But because there is too much content and users on YouTube, there are sometimes errors when streaming online videos like the YouTube 429 error code, so to help users better use YouTube, we will help you understand exactly what this error code means and how to fix it. Let’s start now.
What is HTTP Error 429: Too Many Requests in Youtube?
An error 429 Too Many Request occurs when a user tries to execute too many requests in a certain period of time. This error is caused by the special speed limitation settings of a service provider’s servers. Rate limitation is used to limit the number of requests a user can execute in order to reduce the risk of overloading his server.
This YouTube error code would occur if you sent too many orders at once. For example, you clicked on a video several times or pressed the search button several times after entering the keywords. Because some servers would put a restriction to stop the request if the number of times is too high. Error code 429 is displayed.
What causes the “HTTP Error 429” on YouTube?
After receiving numerous reports from several users, we decided to investigate the problem and developed a series of solutions to solve it for most of our users. We also investigated the reasons for this problem and listed them as follows.
- Limiting requirements: Servers have certain security protocols that limit the number of requests a user can make on the server. If the number of user requests exceeds the limit, the user is temporarily or permanently locked out. This prohibition applies to the user’s IP address. While some websites ask the user to enter a “captcha” to bypass the ban, others simply block the IP address for a limited time.
- ISP ban Some ISPs have been blocked by YouTube and their IP addresses may have been blacklisted. According to reports, OVH (a cloud computing company) has blacklisted some of YouTube’s IPV6 and IPV4 addresses.
Force the use of IPV4
If you use the YouTube-DL command line on your operating system, you can execute a command to force YouTubeto to use IPV4 instead of IPV6. To do that:
- Open the YouTube-dl command line on your computer.
- Type the following command and press Enter.
- The “-4” prompts the application to force connections over IPV4.
If you get a total error of 429 Too many requests, you will most likely need to reduce the number of requests to the server over a period of time. If you are not sure about the details of the rate limitation system for the service you are using, it is best to contact them to find out what the actual limit is. In addition, some services may have different plans that allow you to increase your needs limit according to your needs.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.