RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
With Chrome Remote Desktop, you can give other people access to your computer. You have full access to your applications, folders, emails, documents and history. This utility is available in the Chrome extension store and allows you to download a mini Chrome application. Google has also recently published a web version of the utility.
Sometimes, Chrome Remote Desktop no longer works under Windows 10. There are several reasons for this. We will discuss some of the solutions you may be looking for and help you solve the problem if Chrome Remote Desktop does not work on Windows 10.
Here are some troubleshooting tips:
If you are having problems with Chrome Remote Desktop in Windows, try these tips:
- You must be connected to the Internet to share or access a computer. If the page does not open, check your computer’s network settings.
- Antivirus software may prevent you from using Chrome Remote Desktop. Make sure that your antivirus program allows the following:
Outgoing UDP traffic
Incoming UDP responses
- Traffic on TCP ports 443 (HTTPS) and 5222 (XMPP)
- If the computer you are accessing is on a professional or school network, you may not be giving access to other people. For more information, contact your administrator.
- Be sure to use the latest version of Chrome or Chrome OS.
If none of these methods work, try these other methods.
Disable the ‘Some devices can be connected without a PIN code’ function.
Remote Desktop in Chrome has a sophisticated feature that allows you to access your computer from a mobile application. This allows users to access their computers at work or at home on the move without additional hassle. To do this, you must activate the “Some devices can connect without a PIN code” function. This feature seems to be defective or causes strange problems. In this solution, we will disable the functionality and try to reconnect.
- From your host computer, access the official Chrome Remote Desktop site. Now locate the heading of this device.
- Click on the View/Edit option before the line “This computer is configured to allow one or more clients to connect without entering a PIN code”.
- Now click on the Delete All option. This will remove all stored devices that can access the computer without a PIN code.
- Navigate to the Remote Desktop application and click Share in the Remote Support section.
- A new window will open with the PIN code that will be used to connect to other devices. Enter the code and check that the remote office is working properly.
Disable IPv6 protocol
Another option that has worked for many is to disable IPv6 (Internet Protocol version) on your network adapter. By default, Windows prefers IPv6 to IPv4. So, if you have problems using IPv6 to connect to servers, you can force your computer to use IPv4 only.
- Open Settings -> Network and Internet -> Ethernet -> Change adapter options.
- Right-click on the adapter for which you want to disable it and select Properties.
- Look for the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) checkbox, then uncheck it.
- Click OK and restart your computer.
Chrome Remote Desktop can be an excellent way for people to securely access a desktop system. Have you configured a remote access system via Chrome Remote Desktop? What is your experience with this system? Let me know in the comments below.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.