RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
DCOM does not always work as expected, as there may still be some errors. One of them is error 1084, which interrupts the execution of programs on a computer remote from the network. The DCOM 1084 error in Windows 10 usually occurs when your PC freezes completely and has to shut down by force. For many users, the PC continues to load and hangs at first with the point circle. However, only a small number of them complain about having an error in the graphics of the screen.
Uninstall the Graphics Card Drivers
- Press the “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
- Click on “Device Manager” in this list.
- Locate the graphics card in the list of devices, right-click and select Uninstall. In the uninstall window, if you have an option: “Delete driver for this device”, you can select it and then delete the damaged drivers from your computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and restart your computer when prompted.
- Go to the computer or video card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the video card model, then install it according to the instructions on the website.
Check the Status of the DCOM Server Process Launcher
The DCOMLAUNCH service starts the COM and DCOM servers in response to object activation requests. If this service is stopped or disabled, programs with COM or DCOM will not work properly. It is strongly recommended to use the DCOMLAUNCH service.
- Search for services in the Cortana search box, click on the Services icon, then open the Service Manager in a new window. Or simply press the WINKEY + R key combination to start the Run window.
- Type services.msc and press Enter to open the same utility.
For the following services:
DCOM service process launcher.
Basic tasks of infrastructure services.
Local session manager.
Remote procedure call (RPC).
- Click on it one after the other with the right mouse button.
- Click on Properties. Select Automatic from the Start-up Type drop-down list. And make sure they all run.
- Click OK for each of them.
Troubleshoot Error in a Clean Boot State
There are cases where some contradictory programs installed on your computer are the ones that cause the DCOM 1084 error. To determine which program is causing the problem, you must put your computer in a clean boot state.
- Log in to your PC as an administrator.
- Type msconfig in the Startup Search field to open the System Configuration utility.
- From there, go to the General tab and click on “Selective Start”.
- Uncheck the “Load boot items” box and make sure that the “Load System Services” and “Use Original boot configuration” options are enabled.
- Then click on the Services tab and select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
- Click on Disable All.
- Click Apply/OK and restart your PC. (This will move your PC to a Clean Boot state. And to configure Windows to use the usual startup, simply cancel the changes.)
- From there, you can isolate the problem by checking which of the programs you have recently installed is causing the problem.https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General-Read-Only/E7450-freezes-and-has-login-issues-after-Windows-10-Creators/td-p/5130423
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.