RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
If your Discord Overlay doesn’t work when you play games, you’re not alone! Many players report this annoying problem. But don’t worry about it! The good news is that you can easily fix it with the corrections listed below.
Run Discord as administrator
If you have not tried it for Discord, run it as an administrator, the overlapping of discords may not work. Try running your Discord as an administrator to see if this problem persists. Here’s how to do it:
- On your desktop, right-click the Discord shortcut and select Properties.
- In the pop-up window, go to the Compatibility tab. Select the check box next to Run this program as administrator and click OK.
- Double-click the Diskord shortcut on your desktop to open it.
- Start your game again.
Turn On Game Overlay
The first thing to do is to enable the overlay option for your game. Even if you are sure you have enabled this option, it is worth taking a look at it, because there are some things that need to be checked in the overlay and play settings. Follow the steps below to ensure that everything is properly configured to avoid any problems with the settings.
- Open discord
- Click on the user settings (report symbol). This should be on the right side of your avatar.
- Select Overlay in the left pane.
- Enable Overlay Enable in the game. It should be at the top of the right window.
- Select the game activity in the left pane.
- Make sure that overlay is enabled for the game you are playing. The game must be in a green box on the right when overlay is enabled. You must also activate the “Overlay: On” status before the game you are playing. Note: If your game overlay is not enabled, click the monitor button in front of your game and overlay must be enabled.
Antivirus or firewall that blocks Discord Overlay
A problem that hinders many game sessions is that your antivirus software blocks the execution of your software. Firewalls and some antivirus programs are known to mark the overlapping of discrepancies, but manufacturers point out that the software does not damage your computer system.
If this may affect your ability to use overlay correctly, you can try adding Discord to your list of trusted programs or simply disable the antivirus software during playback. Obviously, the latter option carries the risk of making your system temporarily vulnerable to malware, so be careful.
We hope that one of these solutions has solved your specific problem with the Discord Overlay. Nothing is more frustrating than fighting to connect with your friends when you try to play together. Discord strives to provide a service that works well, and that’s what you deserve. It’s all of us for now. Until next time, good luck and happy game!
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance