RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
The Blue Screen of Death or BSOD usually comes for a fraction of a second, creates a few logs or dump files, as many people call it, and then suddenly restarts the computer. This process is so fast that the user often does not have the chance to read the error code correctly and probably does not have the chance to check what went wrong. Users will receive error messages such as’Dump file creation failed due to an error during dump creation’. These crash dump files are stored internally on the computer and are only accessible by an administrator.
If you encounter an error in the dump file, there are several ways to solve the problem. Read the methods below to solve your problem with the dump file.
Run Check Disk Scan
The chkdsk searches your entire hard drive to find and solve problems. It can really help to avoid major problems and long-term data loss.
- Press the Windows + R buttons to open the Run dialog box.
- Type cmd, then press Enter.
- Type the letter of the drive you want to check, followed by a colon like d:, then press Enter.
- Go to the root directory of the drive by typing cd\ and pressing Enter.
- Enter the following text and press Enter: chkdsk /(Enter the file system you want to check).
If you want to automatically correct file system errors, use the /f option (e. g. chkdsk /f).
If you want to correct file system errors and search for and recover the wrong sectors, use the /r option (e. g. chkdsk /r).
- At the command prompt, type exit, then press Enter.
- Check if the problem is solved.
Uninstallation of Optimizing applications
- Press Windows + R to open a Run dialog box. Then type “appwiz.cpl” and press Enter to open the Programs and Features window.
- Once in the Programs and Features window, scroll down the list of installed applications and search for the third-party application that processes temporary files.
- Right-click it and select Uninstall from the new context menu that appears.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the program
- Restart your computer and check if the problem is solved the next time you start your computer.
- Boot into your system
- Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- Type the command prompt or cmd in the search box.
- Select Run as administrator
- Enter the password
- When the prompt loads, type the sfc command and press Enter: sfc /scannow
- Open Start.
- Locate the command prompt, right-click on the top result and select Run as administrator.
- Type the following command to perform a quick health check and press Enter :
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
- Enter the following command to perform an advanced DISM analysis and press Enter :
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
- Once you have completed the steps, the command is executed and checks if there are any data corruption problems that need to be fixed.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.