RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
30% of PCs are blocked, able to use the mouse and Windows tab function, but nothing else. Users indicated that they were in Outlook 2010 when this was the case. Ctrl old delete gives us the black screen for about 1 minute, then I get “error in the display of security and stop.”. We operate Viper 2014 and 2015 Internet Security, including the firewall. My original idea was to close the firewall, but now it is also happening with these. 30% of my employees have to do it again 5 times a day in case of absence. If anyone has any idea what it is, I’m willing to spend a lot of money to get rid of it.
The message in question:
Failure to display security and shut down options. The logon process was unable to display security and logon options when CTRL+ALT+DELETE was pressed. If the operating system does not respond, press ESC or restart the computer by using the power switch.
Run System Maintenance Troubleshooter.
Try to troubleshoot during system maintenance to automatically detect and solve the problem. Please follow the steps below.
1 Go to the control panel.
2. select System and maintenance.
3. select Troubleshooting.
4. go to System and security for troubleshooting and select Perform maintenance.
5. Select System Maintenance and follow the instructions on the screen.
If the problem persists, select the following method.
1. Restart the computer.
2. start by pressing the F8 key.
3. you will get a window with advanced start options.
4. select the “Safe Mode” option.
5. Once connected, click on Start, All Programs, Accessories.
6. Right-click on the command prompt and run it as an administrator.
7. Enter “netsh winsock reset” and click Enter Key.
8. you should see a message indicating that the Winsock has been reset, restart to make the changes effective.
Uninstalling Viper Internet Security (or a similar application)
It appears that an overprotective security suite may also be responsible for the error “Failure to Display Security and Shutdown Options“. Vipre Internet Security is an application generally reported as the cause of this error.
NOTE: We have only been able to identify Vipre Internet Security as a possible cause of this problem, but there may be other similar security suites that allow the same type of conflict.
If this scenario applies and you are using a security suite that can create this error, follow these steps to resolve the conflict by uninstalling the application that causes the problem:
- Press Windows + R to open a Run dialog box. Then type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press Enter to open the Programs and Features window.
- Once on the Programs and Features screen, scroll down the list of applications and search for the security application that you think is causing the problem. Once you have seen it, right-click it and choose Uninstall from the context menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the conflicting security application and restart your computer after the process is complete.
- During the next boot sequence, repeat the action that previously caused the error “Error in displaying the safety and shutdown options” and check that the problem is solved.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.