RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
The error is caused by the fact that your computer does not have enough memory (RAM / HDD) to keep the installation files in memory.
The standard error message quoted with isdone.dll is:
unarc.dll returned an error code -1
ERROR: archive data corrupted (decompression fails)
Errors in relation to isdone.dll can occur for various reasons. For example, a defective application, isdone.dll, has been deleted or misplaced, damaged by malware on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most common error messages are:
- The program cannot be started because isdone.dll is missing on your computer. Try reinstalling the program to solve this problem.
- There was a problem when starting isdone.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Loading error isdone.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- isdone.dll is not designed to work on Windows or contains an error.
In most cases, the solution is to reinstall isdone.dll correctly on your PC in the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, especially PC games, require that the DLL file be placed in the installation directory of the game/application.
How to repair it
Enlarge the size of the Windows PAGE FILE
The easiest solution is to enlarge the PAGE FILE under Windows.
The “page file” is a file used by Windows to store data that does not fit in the RAM. Sometimes called “virtual memory”, and in other operating systems known as “exchange file”, it is a standard method to increase the size of the total amount of memory your system can manage.
Although prolonged use of a page / exchange file is NOT recommended (slow for larger sizes), it can help in this situation.
Installation on an NTFS volume
A common cause of isdone.dll errors is the file system on the hard disk used at the installation location. If you try to install the game on a FAT volume, there is a high probability that this is the cause of the error. Therefore, consider installing the game on an NTFS volume.
To check the file system on your hard disk, do the following:
1. First, boot on your system with full administrator privileges.
2. then press Windows + R, type ……. and click OK.
3. When My Computer loads, right-click on your hard disk and select Properties.
4. This will display your Disk Properties applet, from which you can check the box next to the file system in the General tab.
Manual replacement of the Isdone.dll file
- Download Isdone.dll from the Internet
- Save the Isdone.dll file to your computer’s hard drive.
- Search c:\Windows\System32
- Find the current Isdone.dll file on your system.
- Rename the current Isdone.dll file to IsdoneBACKUP.dll.
- Copy and paste the new Isdone.dll in C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (or search for “Run” in Vista & Win7).
- Type “cmd” in the field that appears.
- Type “regsvr32 Isdone.dll” on the black screen.
- Press Enter
Save the ISDone.dll file again and see if it solves the problem.
Press Windows + X on the keyboard.
Select Control Panel (Administrator).
Type the following commands regsvr32 Isdone.dll.
Troubleshooting in a clean start-up state
The execution of a specific startup state allows to identify if third party applications or startup elements are causing conflicts.
So start your PC in the clean boot state and try to manually isolate the problem. To perform a clean boot troubleshooting, you must perform a series of actions and restart the computer after each action. You may need to manually disable one item at a time to try to find the one that is causing the problem. Once you have identified the perpetrator of the crime, you may consider removing or disabling it.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance