Last Updated on December 10, 2020
Updated June 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Payday 2 is a four-player co-op shooter that lets you do heists using tactics, strategy and a bit of chaos. However, some users reported that every time they open the game, they get a “Corrupted settings file” error. In addition, the commands stop working and the error cannot be missed with a mouse or keyboard. or exit the game.
For users experiencing the same problem, there are many different ways to solve it. We have collected these methods in one article and we hope that they will help you solve the problem.
Reinstall Payday 2
Another common cause of Payday 2 errors is incorrect or corrupted installation. You can fix these errors by reinstalling the game.
To reinstall the game, make sure you have the installer installed, then follow these steps:
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Under the program, click Uninstall a program
- Browse through the list of software you have installed and find Payday 2.
- Select it and click the Delete button.
- Follow the uninstallation instructions and restart your computer when done.
- Run the installer and follow the instructions to reinstall the game.
This should fix Payday 2 user errors.
Following these easy steps will help you fix Payday 2 errors. If you still have problems, try our Windows repair tool to fix common Windows errors and optimize PC performance.
Disable Steam Overlay
- Start Steam.
- Open “Settings” and go to the “In-game” tab.
- Find the option “Enable in-game Steam Community” and uncheck it. This will disable Steam Overlay for all of your games.
- Click OK to save your changes.
If you want to disable the Steam overlay for a specific game only, in our case Payday 2, do the following:
- Open your Steam library and right click Payday 2.
- Select Properties from the menu.
- Go to the General tab and uncheck Enable Steam In-Game Community.
Run Payday 2 in Compatibility Mode
- Find the shortcut for Payday 2 or navigate to the game installation directory and find the exe file for Payday 2. Right-click the file and select Properties.
- Then go to the Compatibility tab.
- Select the Run this program in compatibility mode check box and select one of the older versions of Windows.
- Click Apply and OK to save your changes.
Remove all third party mods
I know that most Payday 2 players love mods, and some like mods even more than the game itself. However, I am not saying that you should delete these mods permanently, just rename them to WSOCK32.dll and possibly also IPHLPAPI.dll. If this method is not enough, you can change it later.
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type% localappdata% and press Enter.
- Open the PAYDAY folder 2.
- Rename WSOCK32.dll to WSOCK32.dll.old.
- Try starting the game again.
Many Payday 2 gamers consider the real culprits to be mods. Payday 2 won’t launch – an issue you will always face when updating the game. Most importantly, make sure you have the latest SuperBLT mods installed. However, sometimes you have to wait for an update.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.