RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
0x00000bcb is a Windows PC error code that occurs when Windows fails to connect to the printer, hindering the installation of your system.
The inability to install the printer media software countless times can be frustrating and inconvenient because it can prevent you from getting prints.
Windows cannot connect to the printer. The process could not be completed (error) and then with one of the following error codes.
Reinstall the printer
First of all, make sure that the printer is properly shared. Then follow these steps to install the printer.
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, then double-click Devices and Printers.
2. Click on Add a printer.
3. Select “Add a local printer”.
4. Select “Create a new port”. Select “Local Port” as the port type.
5. Enter the address in the following format in the “Enter a port name” field.
\\[IP address of the host computer]\[The Share Name of the printer]
Then click on Next.
Restart Print Spooler Service
Perform the following steps to stop the Print Spooler service, then restart it.
- Press Win+R simultaneously (Windows logo key and R key). A Run dialog box opens.
- Enter services.msc in the execution field and click on the OK button.
- In the Name list, locate and double-click on the Print Spot service.
- Under Service Status, click the Stop button.
- Click on the Start button to restart the service.
Adding a network printer as a local printer
Click Start > Devices and Printers.
Click on Add Printer at the top of the screen.
Select Add Local Printer.
Select “Create a new port” and select “Default TCP/IP port”.
Enter the IP address of the printer (The IP address of your printer can be determined by right-clicking on your printer in the device control panel and selecting Printer Properties and Ports tab.
Select a driver from the list. (If you send data directly to the printer like me, then the driver is not relevant because it is bypassed anyway).
Follow the wizard, which allows you to set the added printer as the default printer.
You can then use the command to check if the printer has been added locally:
wmic printer get caption,name,deviceid,drivername,portname
Local printers are listed first in the results list.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.