Last Updated on November 2, 2020
Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Find the right graphics card for your Windows operating system!
You must be annoyed to see this error message when playing games like PUBG or Stardew Valley: no suitable video card has been found. No graphics device was created.
Don’t worry about it. This is one of the most common mistakes, and you can easily fix the “No suitable video card found” error!
A graphics card also means a video card, graphics adapter and display adapter. It connects to your computer system’s motherboard and generates the output images for display. If you want to watch movies or play games on your computer, a special graphics card can significantly improve the quality of the graphics.
The error “No suitable graphics card found” usually occurs because the developer changes the game settings or your graphics card adapter is no longer suitable for display. So you can follow these solutions to solve the problem.
Remove the Config.dat file from your game.
The problem with the video card error may be related to the settings of your video game.
Here you can find information on how to fix it.
You need to remove the config.dat file from your game. This is a file created by the manufacturer to save your selected settings to the game settings menu. Deleting the file will not affect your game. It only removes the default settings that do not allow the game to detect the graphics card. When you start the game, a new config.dat file is created again.
The config.dat file can be found in the following way: Documents > My Games > NameOfTheGame.
- Perform the following steps to delete it:
- Find the config.dat file for your game.
- Right-click the file and select Delete. Then click Yes.
- Reboot your computer.
- Once you have opened your game, the problem should be solved.
If not, the problem may affect not only your game settings. Try the following options.
Check the third-party overlays
Third-party applications such as Discord and NVIDIA GeForce Experience provide overlay support for your game. Overlay is an option that allows you to access an application without having to press the Alt-Tab key. These features can be useful and easy to use, but are known to cause problems with the game itself.
We will illustrate how to disable the overlay in Conflicts. You should also look for other third-party applications running in the background and turn them off yourself. Also think about how to boot your system cleanly.
- Start Discord and open its custom settings. Now select the Overlay option on the left navigation tab and uncheck the Enable Overlay in game checkbox.
- Reboot your computer completely for the changes to be implemented, and make sure that the SPF drop is correct.
Turn the device off and on again
Below are the steps you need to take to turn on almost any device:
- Turn off the device and/or disconnect the power cord.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Connect the device and/or turn it back on. That’s it, you just turned on your device! If you are lucky, it should start working normally. Keep in mind that it may take about a minute to reboot an internet device such as a modem.
Another important note: when resetting devices that work together, such as the wireless modem and the router, you must enable them at the same time.
Running the power cycle will not solve the most serious problems but if you have a device that does not work properly it is better to try it first. If on/off does not seem to help, you should continue troubleshooting.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.