RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Many Xbox One users encounter the error “Person who brought this needs to sign in” when trying to launch a game or application. In most cases, the error is accompanied by the error code 0x87of2729 or 0x803f9006. It turns out that the problem is only reported for digitally downloaded games when the user tries to share the game.
The only way to play games purchased on a console without logging into the purchase account is to play games on the home console of the purchase account.
- When you log in to the console with the purchase account verification to make sure it is the original console of the account: On the dashboard > Scroll to the left of Home to open the instructions.
- Select Settings > All settings > Customization > My personal Xbox.
You can reset the Xbox One console, perform a full performance cycle or physically disconnect it to completely restart it and solve many common problems. This process does not delete any of your games or data.
Restart your console:
- Press the Xbox button to open the manual.
Note: Press the Xbox button to open the manual from any other console screen.
- Select Settings.
- Select Restart the console.
- Select Yes to confirm.
Setting the console as “Home” from License-Holding account
Most of the time, this problem occurs when you are not the owner of the game license – another account currently connected to your console has the right to do so. If this scenario is applicable and you are trying to share the game, the only way to play the game from another account is to define your Xbox as your personal Xbox from the license maintenance account.
Designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox
Share your Xbox Live Gold subscription with everyone who connects to your console.
Share games and downloadable content purchased from the Microsoft Store with anyone who connects to your console. You can even share games downloaded as part of a subscription.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select System > Settings > Customize, then select My personal Xbox.
- Do one of the following:
- Select Make this my home Xbox to define the console as your personal Xbox.
- Select Delete as my personal Xbox to delete the name.
Remove your profile from the console:
- Go to the home page.
- Press the menu button of your controller.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll to the right. Under MISCELLANEOUS PERSONS, select Delete Accounts.
- Select the account you want to delete and choose Select this person.
- To confirm, select Remove from this Xbox.
- When you are finished, select Close.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.