Last Updated on January 7, 2020
Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Some users have posted on numerous software forums about a stack overflow error on line 20 that occurs in their web browser (especially Internet Explorer). This error can occur when you try to connect to websites. A user specified:
Message from webpage… Stack overflow at line __. You can click OK on it & it will keep popping up with a different line number.
The stack mentioned in the error message is a section of memory (RAM) for the software to store program variables and parameters. Stack errors (if not overflows) occur when programs exceed their call stack memory allocations.
Such stack overflows often occur in Java, C++ and Perl runtime environments for browser applets.
Enable Automatic Crash Recovery
- Click on “Start”, “Control Panel” and then “Internet Options”. Click on the “Advanced” tab.
- Under the “Browsing” options, activate the “Disable Script Debugging (IE)” and “Disable Script Debugging (other)” options.
- Uncheck the option “Display notification of each script error”.
- Check “Enable automatic recovery in the event of an accident”.
- Click OK.
- Download and install a Java update from the Java Web site.
- Download and install a Windows update.
Disable ActiveX scripts
- Since stack errors are caused by browser scripts, disabling ActiveX scripts can help correct the stack overflow line error. Open the search field with the Windows key + the keyboard shortcut S.
- Enter “Internet Options” in the search field. Then click “Internet Options” to open the window in the snapshot below.
- Click on the “Security” tab.
- Select Internet and click on the Custom Level button.
- Scroll down to the script options.
- For the Active Scripting option, select “Disable”.
- Click the OK button to exit the window.
- Click the Apply button to confirm the new settings.
Resetting Internet Explorer
Since the stack overflow line error occurs frequently in Explorer users, resetting this browser can help resolve it.
- Open the Internet Options window by clicking the Equipment button in IE and selecting Internet Options.
- Select the Advanced tab
- Press the reset button.
- In the dialog box that appears, select the Delete Personal Settings option.
- Click Reset again.
- Click the Close button.
Battery overflow at line 0 is caused by consuming more memory than is available in the battery. This error often occurs on web pages with Java-Script code. When a web page is loaded in Internet Explorer, you may receive an error message “Stack overflow on line 0”. This general error does not explain much. Because it is not caused by a specific problem, troubleshooting can be a bit tricky.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.