Last Updated on February 6, 2020
Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
If you create a report or calendar in a period of the client’s accounting – active, the error “Unable to download. The file could not be written to the cache”.
When downloading files, Internet Explorer must create a cache or temporary file. If the option Do not save encrypted pages to disk is selected in the Internet Explorer settings, no cache file is created and the download will fail.
Accounts Receivable uses Internet Explorer to retrieve data for the asset report. Therefore, if you are using another default web browser (such as Google Chrome or FireFox), you will still need to follow the steps below to resolve this issue.
Start Internet Explorer in “Add-On-Free” Mode
- Click Start and type Internet Explorer in the Start Search field.
- Click Internet Explorer (not an add-on).
- You can also open the “Run” box from the menu, type the following command line argument, then press Enter: iexplore.exe -extoff.
- Internet Explorer opens without add-ons, toolbars or plug-ins.
- Test Internet Explorer to make sure it works properly and that you can download files.
- If necessary, go to Internet Options > Manage Add-ons and enable or disable each add-on to determine which one is causing problems.
This procedure allows Internet Explorer to run temporarily without plug-ins. It is therefore useful if you want to resolve problems with incompatible browser plug-ins or add-ons, and if you want to eliminate errors when downloading files.
To resolve this issue in Internet Explorer 7 and Internet Explorer 8, follow these steps:
- Start the registry editor.
- For per-user setup, locate the following registry key :
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Internet Settings
- For computer configuration, locate the following registry key :
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\window\Current Version\Internet Settings
- From the Edit menu, choose Add Value.
- To override the HTTPS connection directive, add the following registry value :
- To override the directive for HTTP connections, add the following register value
- Exit the registry editor.
- Make sure that SSL is properly set up as described in this documentation.
Enable Internet Explorer to save encrypted pages to disk.
- Open Internet Explorer on the PC concerned.
- Click the Settings icon ( ) in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and select Internet Options. The Internet Options window appears.
- Click the Advanced tab and scroll down until you see the security settings.
- Uncheck Do not save encrypted pages to disk.
- Click Apply, then click OK to close the window.
- Restart the PC for the changes to take effect.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.