RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Ghost Recon Wildlands is the very first military sniper in a vast open world that you can play alone or in a four-player cooperative. This game is available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Ghost Recon Wildlands was recently launched, but many players have already reported that there are various game technical issues.
One of the problems reported is unable to launch the application. However, to help you solve the problem, make sure you meet the minimum system requirements for the game.
Minumum System Requirements:
OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
Processor: Intel Core i5-2400S @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX-4320 @ 4 GHz or equivalent
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX660 / AMD R9 270X (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
Storage: 50 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX-compatible using the latest drivers
How to Fix When Ghost Recon: Wildlands Won’t Launch
Delete Uplay Cache
Before clearing your Uplay cache, be sure to delete all associated Uplay entries in your Task Manager. You can do this manually by going to your Task Manager or by clicking Ctrl + Shift + Esc. Then search for entries on the Process tab and complete the tasks manually.
- Exit Uplay
- Look for the installation folder for the Ubisoft game launcher.
- Open the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\cache.
- Select the Delete option.
- Start Uplay and check if the problem is solved.
- Make sure you are logged in with an administrator account because you cannot delete programs with another account.
- Be sure to open the Start menu and try to open the Control Panel by searching for it. You can also click on the gear icon to open Settings if you are using Windows 10.
- In the Control Panel, select View as: Category in the upper right corner and click on Uninstall a program in the Programs section.
- If you use the Settings application, a click on Applications should immediately open a list of all programs installed on your PC.
- Locate Uplay in the Control Panel or Settings and click Uninstall/Repair.
- The uninstall wizard should open with several options. Make sure you have chosen to uninstall.
- A message appears asking you to confirm. The update will probably restart with the default settings that were working before the error occurred.
- Click Finish when the uninstallation is complete and restart your computer to see if your game opens correctly.
Install the latest updates on Windows
It may not be the game’s fault, but your Windows system may have missing updates that prevent the game from starting properly. Try checking and installing updates manually to see if it helps to solve the problem.
- Press the Windows + I button to open the application settings.
- When the Application Settings open, go to the Update and Security section.
- Now click on the Check for Updates button.
- Download the available updates and install them on your computer.
- Restart your PC and check if the game starts.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.