Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
There may be cases where you try to open a Windows service, such as Windows Management Instrumentation, and the error is displayed with the following message.
Error 1083: The executable program that this service is configured to run in does not implement the service.
A system may have WMI errors, but seems to work properly most of the time. Because WMI is most often used for system diagnosis. A word processor, spreadsheet or email program rarely depends on WMI. You can use this procedure to check the WMI status of your system:
- Right-click on the My Computer icon and choose Manage. (You can also click Start, Control Panel, Administration Tools, Computer Management.)
- Left-click[+] next to Services and Applications to expand the tree structure.
- Left-click on WMI Control.
- Now right-click on the same WMI control element and select Properties.
- If WMI is working correctly, you will see “Successful connection to “.
- If WMI is defective, you will see one or more error messages in the dialog box.
Register qmgr.dll and qmgrproxy.dll
Follow these steps carefully, as they must be entered correctly at the prompt:
- Click Start > Run.
- Enter the type “cmd
- Enter “regsvr32 qmgr.dll” in CMD and press Enter.
- Also enter “regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll” and press Enter.
- CMD output
- Then click Start > Run > Type services.msc and press Enter.
- In the Services window, scroll to the Smart Transfer Service in the background and double-click it.
- On the General tab, click Start to start the service.
1. Open Services.msc.
2. Open the properties of the service you do not want to start.
3. note the last entry at the end of the’path to the executable file’, for example C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
4. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Svchost in the registry.
5. In the right pane, open the string that corresponds to the path to the executable entry, then add the exact name of the service.
6. Close regedit and restart. Now check if the service has started.
7. Repeat this operation for all services that have this problem.
Use the command prompt
To resolve this error and recover missing or corrupted registry entries, do the following:
Start a command line session.
To unregister WMI service performance libraries (also known as WinMgmt) by typing
Stop all copies running the WMI service by typing the following
Declare the WMI service by entering
Register the WMI service by typing the following
Register all WMI service performance libraries by typing the following
If this does not help, you may be able to repair or rebuild the WMI repository and see if it helps.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.