If you are having problems and are wondering how to get help under Windows 10, this message lists some built-in support options, as well as help desk, support or community forum options and website options where you can get help. Take a look at these options and resources.
How to get help in Windows 10Only admnistrator owned posts can execute the include me shortcode
While you were able to download the Windows help program WinHlp32.exe for Windows 8.1, Microsoft decided to put most of the Windows 10 help online. For example, if you have an application open and press F1 or Fn+F1, local help may not be available. Here are the help options available in Windows 10:
1] Clicking the F1 key normally starts your browser, which offers you Bing results for Windows 10 help.
2] Entering the help in the taskbar displays the application Get Started app in the results. This has many help topics to help you get started.
3] Make sure you have Settings > System > Notifications & Actions open and that the option Show tips on Windows is enabled.
4] You can use the taskbar or ask Cortana to search for online help.
5] Use the built-in application Contact Support App to chat with Microsoft. It allows you to chat online with a Microsoft Answer Tech technical support representative. You can also organize a reminder via the application.
6] You can use the services of Microsoft Answer Desk, a live paid technical support site, to chat with a Microsoft support representative.
7] You can also contact Microsoft support via email and chat. If a customer service representative is online and available to chat, a message appears. Otherwise, see Instant Chat: Customer Service Representatives are OFF-LINE on the right. You can then try visiting this page for chat help. Use this form to contact Microsoft. They will then contact you by e-mail.
8] You can contact Microsoft customer service at telephone number 1 800-642-767676 or microsoft.com/contactus.
9] The Microsoft Support Official Twitter account is @MicrosoftHelps.
10] There are other ways to contact Microsoft Support by phone, including OEM support.
11] You can also get Windows 10 help and support from a Microsoft Store. This article also lists some paid options.
12] Search for your problem by specifying the specific problem you get or the error you get with our search box at the top of the screen. Chances are you’ll see something useful. If this is not the case, you can ask us to develop a tutorial.
13] You can now remotely access technical support via Quick Assist on Windows 10.
14] Here are some links that will help you take the first step towards solving your Windows 10 problems:
- Windows 10 problems, problems with solutions and fixes
- Windows 10 support and solutions. Try these Guru Universal Guru Fixed
- FixWin for Windows 10 is a portable freeware that allows you to solve problems and inconveniences in one click.
You can read these links, which can help you if you need help and support from Microsoft :
- Microsoft Support Diagnostic Tool in Windows, is used by Microsoft Support to diagnose Windows problems. If you request Microsoft support assistance, the support representative will give you one passkey. You must open the Microsoft Support Diagnostic Tool and enter the paskey. You should know that in advance.
- The Microsoft Product Support Reporting Tool facilitates the collection of critical system and logging information used to troubleshoot support issues. This information helps to diagnose and solve software problems faster.
- Microsoft Easy Assist allows a Microsoft support professional to remotely connect to your computer and help you solve a problem. A secure connection allows support staff to view your desktop and perform diagnostic and troubleshooting steps.
Only admnistrator owned posts can execute the include me shortcode[toggle title=”Related Video”][/toggle]