Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Acronis True Image & Norton Ghost are two good shareware that are used to create an image of the entire partition when the machine is in a clean state. With this image, we can then fall back on it again and again if necessary.
Free alternatives to Acronis True Image and Norton Ghost
However, here are some free imaging tools you can try:
Macrium Reflect FREE Edition
This is the only free Windows compatible disk imaging software with BartPE and Linux recovery options.
- Create a disk image while running Windows with the Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
- Network image, USB, FireWire and DVD drives.
- Integrated in the planner.
- 32-bit and 64-bit native versions.
- Industry leading compression levels and speeds.
- Linux rescue CD with network access and full GUI. Only 6.5MB big!
- Integrated CD/DVD Packet Typewriter – Supports package writing to DVD-DL.
- HTML log files.
(2) DriveImage XML
DriveImage XML is an alternative to Norton Ghost ! This is a backup and recovery software similar to Norton Ghost, but FREE; it allows you to create a full backup image of any disk or partition, you can then restore the image to the same partition or to a different partition, you can also clone one disk to another. The program also includes an image explorer similar to Norton Ghost Image Explorer, which allows you to browse previously created backup images and extract individual files.
DiscWizard is a clone of Acronis ! Most people know Acronis True Image, a popular disk backup software. However, you can get a Vista-compatible version of True Image called DiscWizard as a free legal download from the Seagate website. This is a 104 MB download.
Clonezilla, based on DRBL, image partition, ntfsclone, partclone and udpcast, allows you to perform bare metal backups and restores. Clonezilla Live and Clonezilla SE (Server Edition) are available. Clonezilla live is suitable for backup and restore of a single machine.
Partimage is a Linux utility that stores partitions with a supported file system in an image file. Most Linux and Windows file systems are supported. The image file can be compressed with gzip / bzip2 programs to save storage space, and it can be divided into several files that are copied to CD / DVD.
Probably the best Linux toolkit available for system recovery;
- Backing up and recovering partitions or files locally or over the network
- Backing up and recovering BIOS data ;
- Burn a bootable CD/DVD, either in a PXE/RIS environment;
- Delete the local administrator password;
- Create your own bootable DVD
- Partition and format a hard disk before installing Windows.
EASEUS ToDo Backup for Windows.
EASEUS ToDo Backup Home is free backup and disaster recovery software to protect your data, including photos, music, videos, documents, financial data and applications.
More free backup software for Windows
- GFI Backup, a free backup software for Windows
- Areca file backup software
- Freeware Acronis True Image Alternatives & Norton Ghost Alternatives
- Paragon Free Backup & Recovery software for Windows
- More free imaging, backup and recovery software.
What is your favourite?
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here